5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Guy From Ohio

U

User_34235

Greetings all. Been lurking in the forums for quite some time now with the intention of getting a newer RAM. Well that happened last night and I picked up a new 2021 Bighorn here in Dayton Ohio. Look forward to driving it and being back in a truck. Got the Etorque engine and look forward to seeing how it drives/operates.

Attachments

• 20210130_101950.jpg
    20210130_101950.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 35

moparleo51

Reaction score
nice choice in color! welcome from another ohioian. ravenna,ohio

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, glad you are part of the forum.

You can tell us how your mpgs are doing (always interest in that) and what you think of the ETorque system.

Post your payload too (yellow sticker on drivers door hinge) which is also interesting to see how they vary.

moparleo51

Reaction score
my MPG so far only 378 miles on her in winter weather is about 13.3 my 19 ram non etorque was getting about 14.9 to 15.5 with 10000 ,miles and had 3.92 gears and was a offroad group bighorn, as for the new 21 laramie i just got . it has 3.92 gears as well and the etorque. i was really surprised on how it good it really is.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
my MPG so far only 378 miles on her in winter weather is about 13.3 my 19 ram non etorque was getting about 14.9 to 15.5 with 10000 ,miles and had 3.92 gears and was a offroad group bighorn, as for the new 21 laramie i just got . it has 3.92 gears as well and the etorque. i was really surprised on how it good it really is.
Oh then your a 5th gen vet as far as the mpg's goes! Winter fuel doesnt do much for mileage.
Your 4x should get some more “exercise” this next week if the forecasters are to be believed...

Showing my ignorance, is ORG available w/o 4x? Did you choose elock or anti spin (or is that dictated as well)?

HemiDude

Reaction score
Welcome new guy from Ohio, from a fellow central Ohioan. Your avatar caught my attention because my wife graduated from Texas, and she has a longhorn emblem on her Explorer. Good color choice :D

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Oh then your a 5th gen vet as far as the mpg's goes! Winter fuel doesnt do much for mileage.
Your 4x should get some more “exercise” this next week if the forecasters are to be believed...

Showing my ignorance, is ORG available w/o 4x? Did you choose elock or anti spin (or is that dictated as well)?
ORG comes standard with 4x4 and elock .

KCViper

Reaction score
Welcome!! I'm from Texas and all my kids go to UT Austin....have to ask about the Horns in your avatar. Are you a UT fan?? :)

U

User_34235

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I am retired Air Force and my last active duty assignment took me here to Ohio. Native Texan born and raised till I joined the AF and still love watching the Longhorns play.
Cant wait to get out there and see what the truck can do but currently snowed in right now and with less than 100 miles on the truck really dont want to test the 4X4 system just yet with as nasty as it is outside......plus people around here cant drive in the snow......lol

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I am retired Air Force and my last active duty assignment took me here to Ohio. Native Texan born and raised till I joined the AF and still love watching the Longhorns play.
Cant wait to get out there and see what the truck can do but currently snowed in right now and with less than 100 miles on the truck really dont want to test the 4X4 system just yet with as nasty as it is outside......plus people around here cant drive in the snow......lol
Please report how it worked in 4x. Does it have 4A?
My son attended A&M so I guess we will just “agree to disagree”, ha ha... But I lived in Austin as well...

Smashius

Reaction score
Welcome and good looking truck.

I'm in Dayton too...maybe I'll see you driving around!

Users who are viewing this thread