5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New from NJ

turbojimmy

Reaction score
Hi all -

I bought my first Ram truck this past Tuesday. I bought my first FCA product, an R/T Charger, around 5-years ago and have been hooked ever since. After the R/T I bought a Scat Pack Daytona Charger which I traded in for the truck. It was a tough decision, but I really have no regrets. This truck is great.

It's a '22 1500 Quad Cab Bighorn. Night Edition, Diamond Black Crystal. I searched everywhere for the Tow Group and finally found it in this truck. I tow a camper and am looking forward to the backup assist, trailer tire monitoring, and integrated brake controller. It also has the factory tow mirrors. Beyond the tow group, it's optioned pretty decently. Everything I need, nothing I don't.

I put Barricade step bars on it today (the wife has short legs :) ), and Husky wheel well liners.

Also bought a BD Diesel 2 Low Unloc kit for it - going to install that tomorrow. I had one on my GMC and it's awesome. It allows me to use 4WD LO while maneuvering the trailer by unlocking the front axle. You can take advantage of the torque multiplication of the LO setting (albeit in 2WD) which takes a lot of stress off of the drivetrain while backing. The bonus on the Ram is that all the wiring is inside. On the GMC I had to run the wiring through the firewall.

Looking forward to many years with this truck.

Last edited:

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations . I used to drive cars until I got my truck now I don’t think I could go back to a car . lol

turbojimmy

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I love it when I hear someone else do specific research and finally find exactly what they want. It’s such a great feeling.

Yeah I really don't know what purpose salespeople serve anymore. I made the mistake of making online inquires and every dealership in the tri-state area started calling and emailing. I had a very specific list of requirements, but they kept trying to sell me stuff that I didn't want. One dealer insisted there was no such thing as the Tow Group package and if the truck has a receiver, then it has the tow package. I just shook my head and left.

The salesperson I bought the truck from didn't have to do a thing. I found the truck on their lot after an exhaustive online search. I arranged for the appraisal of the Charger through kbb. I just walked in, told them who I was, signed a bunch of papers and left with the truck (and without my Charger).

I let them sell me the 7 year/100,000 mile extended warranty. It seemed to be a decent value.

Users who are viewing this thread