5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New (for me) RAM Longhorn

LANdrew4

Reaction score
With Covid, I am no longer traveling every week (and getting a new rental truck from Hertz every weekend) and it looks like travel will never go back to weekly now that clients have finally realized what we have been telling them for years - that we can do most work remote without travel costs. Downside is I had to buy a vehicle but found a nice used 2020 Laramie Longhorn with just about everything on it except the air-suspension. So far, so good.
Truck.png

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck! Looks AWESOME !

LANdrew4

Reaction score
Nice. Love those tires
No question tires LOOK good, but since I rarely expect to be off-road with this, I would prefer tires that are better on wet pavement with quieter ride and shorter stopping distance. Unless I find someone who wants to buy them, I will keep them till they wear out

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No question tires LOOK good, but since I rarely expect to be off-road with this, I would prefer tires that are better on wet pavement with quieter ride and shorter stopping distance. Unless I find someone who wants to buy them, I will keep them till they wear out
If they're the factory Falkens, they're probably the best OEM tires provided on these trucks (based on reviews on this forum). Mine still look new, but I only have 14K miles on my Longhorn (took delivery September 2018).

LANdrew4

Reaction score
If they're the factory Falkens, they're probably the best OEM tires provided on these trucks (based on reviews on this forum). Mine still look new, but I only have 14K miles on my Longhorn (took delivery September 2018).
Since I bought truck used, I don't know if these are OEM or not, but they are BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires, not Falkens

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Since I bought truck used, I don't know if these are OEM or not, but they are BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A tires, not Falkens
Ah...not OEM, then. The Off-Road Group comes standard with the Falkens. How many miles are on your truck?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK - original owner probably just swapped out the Falkens for BFGs when new due to preference, not wear. Those BFGs are good tires, but they are a little heavy. They should ride pretty quiet (based on experience with them on my last couple of trucks). But I like the Falkens enough on this one to stick with them. I might even buy Falkens (the aftermarket version, not the OEM variant) next time.

Users who are viewing this thread