5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New demonstrators are worth considering...

wires57

Reaction score
I would encourage those following or interested in a new purchase to consider the "Demonstrators" as there are some pretty incredible deals to be had if your take the time to search the entire country, are willing to travel, and if you find a dealer that is willing to negotiate the entire deal via the internet. I found at a dealer over 1400 miles away a "Demonstrator" (2019 Ram Limited heavily equipped) with 4,000 miles that the dealer sold me (with the original certificate of origin from the factory) for quite a discount from the MSRP. I down loaded the window sticker from an independent source since I was not sure if the dealer could make his own adjustments to his version of the window sticker and I would have a better idea of what the real MSRP would most likely be. The listed MSRP was through both sources 66,695.00 and I purchased the vehicle for 54,750.00. I post this hoping someone would be encouraged to go the extra mile because there are excellent deals to be had if you are willing to search and travel if necessary. Of course I also waited until the 31st of December to make this purchase and am not sure I would get the same deal on the same vehicle today.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would encourage those following or interested in a new purchase to consider the "Demonstrators" as there are some pretty incredible deals to be had if your take the time to search the entire country, are willing to travel, and if you find a dealer that is willing to negotiate the entire deal via the internet. I found at a dealer over 1400 miles away a "Demonstrator" (2019 Ram Limited heavily equipped) with 4,000 miles that the dealer sold me (with the original certificate of origin from the factory) for quite a discount from the MSRP. I down loaded the window sticker from an independent source since I was not sure if the dealer could make his own adjustments to his version of the window sticker and I would have a better idea of what the real MSRP would most likely be. The listed MSRP was through both sources 66,695.00 and I purchased the vehicle for 54,750.00. I post this hoping someone would be encouraged to go the extra mile because there are excellent deals to be had if you are willing to search and travel if necessary. Of course I also waited until the 31st of December to make this purchase and am not sure I would get the same deal on the same vehicle today.
did you pay cash ? or get a good rate ?

Cannonball

Reaction score
Nice! My last Ram ('09 1500) was a demo with 4k on it as well. Drove 650 miles to get her fully loaded sexy self. Sold to me as a new vehicle so the warranty started with me, not the dealer (albeit 4k miles less). It's definitly a good way to save some $.

Just make sure all the issues are corrected before you drive off with an early build truck! Brakes, stereo, leaks, AC, body mounts, etorque, etc

wires57

Reaction score
Nice! My last Ram ('09 1500) was a demo with 4k on it as well. Drove 650 miles to get her fully loaded sexy self. Sold to me as a new vehicle so the warranty started with me, not the dealer (albeit 4k miles less). It's definitly a good way to save some $.

Just make sure all the issues are corrected before you drive off with an early build truck! Brakes, stereo, leaks, AC, body mounts, etorque, etc

wires57

Reaction score
You are quite right about issues being corrected but in my case I ended up with the owners demo so I’m sure it was well sorted out prior to my purchase. I wimped out on the ETorque as I was not sure that technology had enough time to be proven. Thinking down the road as to the cost of replacing that 48 volt motor or the additional 48 volt battery which would most likely occur after the warranty expires.
Sounds like you had very similar experience to mine. I’ve traveled out of state numerous times for purchases such as this.

cruz-in

Reaction score
Although, in the right circumstance, you can gett a new one for about the same. Ours iis fully loaded with a MSRP of $68,300 and we got it for just shy of $13k off the sMSRP.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Although, in the right circumstance, you can gett a new one for about the same. Ours iis fully loaded with a MSRP of $68,300 and we got it for just shy of $13k off the sMSRP.
I was going to say the same thing but OP is proud of his nego and hunt! Gotta respect the deal! Although I agree everything is relative, I got $12,600 off my own Limited plus 0%

PTRAM

Reaction score
Sounds good, but I think these days that if you buy a demo that you still get only the 36000 miles including the miles the demo had on it when you purchased it. (Unless it changed again as I had checked a few years back and given that information.

wires57

Reaction score
Excellent choice.
I worked on it about 6 weeks and found the deception involved with the “incentives” was unnerving. They all claimed these wonderful discounts and incentives only to find you don’t qualify once you get there. This turned out for me to be the best deal and I gambled that any issues would have already been dealt with. I usually don’t buy new because of the severe depreciation but figured at this discount I really minimized my loss.
I considered doing something similar by purchasing a Laramie Longhorn so I could get the two tone interior but by the time you added air suspension and other “Limited” optoins it was going to turn out way more costly. (???) I finally found the Limited I purchased with the optional “Indigo” interior and that was fine with me. I just did not want all black.

warvet

Reaction score
Great purchase. When I ordered mine (May 2018) my dealer as well as others within 100 miles were offering dealer discounts of $6-$7,700 and that was before any incentives. I ended up getting mine below friends and family pricing and just pennies above employee pricing. MSRP was $65,500 and was mid $50s when I finished. For me, it wasn't about the few incentives I got.....it was the deep dealer discounts.

I think you got a very good deal tho.....especially if it was exactly what you wanted. Great job

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My MSRP was $67800, bought new for $53,000 even.
I’m not sure what all they applied to it. I went in with a photo of the truck I wanted on another dealers lot. I had my USAA price in hand, a little over $56k, they called the other dealer, worked out a transfer and told me they could sell it to me for $53k. At that point, I did not attempt to haggle. Thought the price was more than fair. It probably helped that I also purchased a grand Cherokee on the same visit for my wife.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure what all they applied to it. I went in with a photo of the truck I wanted on another dealers lot. I had my USAA price in hand, a little over $56k, they called the other dealer, worked out a transfer and told me they could sell it to me for $53k. At that point, I did not attempt to haggle. Thought the price was more than fair. It probably helped that I also purchased a grand Cherokee on the same visit for my wife.
It was the week before Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread