5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New build change

Gkockrow

Reaction score
Just ordered a 2022 3500 and discovered the trailer tire pressure option was left off. Tried to add 2 days later. No go. No ViIN assigned for an other 2-3 weeks but unable to add. Does this sound right?

Jimp1

Reaction score
I made a change on my 1500 after the vin was assigned. It needs to be done by the reginal rep through your dealer. Have them try to get ahold of him, probably can do it.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I made a change on my 1500 after the vin was assigned. It needs to be done by the reginal rep through your dealer. Have them try to get ahold of him, probably can do it.
Same. I forgot to throw in the 3.92 and realized the towing cap on my new truck with a 3.21 is only 40 lbs more than my GMC Canyon Duramax(ram was kinda vague on towing cap)... Talked to my dealer and he put in the request, they wont usually put in the effort for "small" changes (had asked to add bed group earlier to no avail) so if your requesting the change it usually gets a warmer reception with the dealer if it makes or breaks their sale. Bedliner i can have done once the dealer gets it, but i CANT buy a truck for 20k more than the old one with no addition towing (the whole reason i ordered)

Gkockrow

Reaction score
To
Same. I forgot to throw in the 3.92 and realized the towing cap on my new truck with a 3.21 is only 40 lbs more than my GMC Canyon Duramax(ram was kinda vague on towing cap)... Talked to my dealer and he put in the request, they wont usually put in the effort for "small" changes (had asked to add bed group earlier to no avail) so if your requesting the change it usually gets a warmer reception with the dealer if it makes or breaks their sale. Bedliner i can have done once the dealer gets it, but i CANT buy a truck for 20k more than the old one with no addition towing (the whole reason i ordered)
i suppose less than 400 bucks is no big money to DaveSmith Motors but this option completes the tow package for this 3500 HO Cummins truck. Sales guy made error after error on build sheet. Had trouble getting bench with brown/fawn interior. After four or five times I missed the omission of the TSP for the trailer. Guess we will see. Feel like I’m begging to get what I want and spending 75K to boot.

Hasti17

Reaction score
To

i suppose less than 400 bucks is no big money to DaveSmith Motors but this option completes the tow package for this 3500 HO Cummins truck. Sales guy made error after error on build sheet. Had trouble getting bench with brown/fawn interior. After four or five times I missed the omission of the TSP for the trailer. Guess we will see. Feel like I’m begging to get what I want and spending 75K to boot.
100% emphasize that this is a must have option, they wont put in the effort if they think you can live without it, so let them know that's not an option you are willing to live(or buy) without.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for input. I’m thinking they didn’t try very hard.
I'll elaborate to say that Aaron (Mark Dodge) wasn't sure he could get it, but he tried and was successful. Maybe a high volume dealer has more pull.

And I just looked back and it was two weeks after I ordered when I requested the addition.

Gkockrow

Reaction score
100% emphasize that this is a must have option, they wont put in the effort if they think you can live without it, so let them know that's not an option you are willing to live(or buy) without.
Problem is with Dave Smith they get 1000 dollar deposit to order. They are BIG dealer. They say 1000 units per month all brands inc Gmc etc. I can go aftermarket but don’t want dash clutter. Going to Alaska so wanted to know what was going on with trlr tires before problem if I could. Will be using 12 ply tires so don’t expect trouble but in the middle of Canada I’m careful.

Maccam

Reaction score
If they won't add it, cancel the order and get it from somewhere else.
thats what i was thinking,your not obligated,thats my concern mine coming without something i ordered

Users who are viewing this thread