5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New BTS Wheel Vibration

Dustin P

Reaction score
Brand new truck, everything was great, and just had my first tire rotation. When I left for work the next day and got to highway speed, 65-70mph, I thought I had a tire about to come off. Pulled over, checked all lug nuts, good. Stayed under 65 the rest of the day. Went back to the tire shop after work, they pulled everything and checked balance and they balanced fine, but they did note a wobble in the rims (with tires on them). Next day, still bad vibration above 65. Went back to tire shop again, (and this is a shop I’ve been going to for years, know the owner, great place) and this time they mounted just the wheels on the balancing machine and spun it, no tires or weights. The wobble in ALL 4 rims was apparent enough to see with the naked eye. They remounted everything and I went to the dealership where my truck is now, waiting for their judgment. The manager of course tried the spiel about sitting on the lot, flat spots, etc, and I laid out the whole story. Then we went for a ride. Of course this time my shop mounted them the vibration was significantly less, but it was still there at about 70-75mph. The manager acknowledged it himself. So we’ll see.. this seems rare to have 4 bad wheels, but I saw it with my own eyes. We’ll see how the dealership handles it. It’s amazing they got it to ride so smooth initially for the first 6k miles.. it’s only since tire rotation that the imbalance was noticed. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Users who are viewing this thread