5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Brink B201 Wheels (Updated)

dsmonline

Reaction score
Took advantage of the nice forum discount being offered by Brink Wheels through the end of the month and ordered a set of 20" B201 Insurgent Nocturnal Black wheels, along with new Michelin Defender LTX M/S 275-55R20 tires. Liking the look over the polished Limited OEM wheels a lot! Brink was great to work with, shipped out the same day as order. We did have an issue with the shipment however, got 3 wheels with 18 offset, and 1 with 0 offset, (in a 0 offset labeled box), just a warehouse error. Tire shop did not notice, so got mounted and I drove it home. Saw the difference once in my garage right away, the 18 offset looks correct and better than the 0 offset. Replacement wheel being sent out today and they said they would cover the cost of the change over, so big deal.

IMG_3725.jpeg IMG_3724.jpeg IMG_3723.jpeg

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad they are taking care of it for you. They look great anyway, congrats!

ccf2mb

Reaction score
They look great. I'm waiting for my B101 Fangs to arrive. They've been super easy to work with thus far.

Chan_man808

Reaction score
Took advantage of the nice forum discount being offered by Brink Wheels through the end of the month and ordered a set of 20" B201 Insurgent Nocturnal Black wheels, along with new Michelin Defender LTX M/S 275-55R20 tires. Liking the look over the polished Limited OEM wheels a lot! Brink was great to work with, shipped out the same day as order. We did have an issue with the shipment however, got 3 wheels with 18 offset, and 1 with 0 offset, (in a 0 offset labeled box), just a warehouse error. Tire shop did not notice, so got mounted and I drove it home. Saw the difference once in my garage right away, the 18 offset looks correct and better than the 0 offset. Replacement wheel being sent out today and they said they would cover the cost of the change over, so big deal.

View attachment 135069 View attachment 135070 View attachment 135071
Weird I would have thought the 0 offset would have fit more flush

Chan_man808

Reaction score
Damn now that you pointed out the discount you may have just spent $1,000.00 for me 😂. eyeballing the fang in bronze on my crystal metallic. I feel like the titanium color would be to close and the black with that color would just fade away.

dsmonline

Reaction score
Weird I would have thought the 0 offset would have fit more flush
Picture from above is one of the 18 offsets, the 0 offset looks kind of strange with the lug lugs sucked in quite a bit. Here are the two offsets side-by-side, the 18 on the left and the 0 on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_3728.jpeg
    IMG_3728.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3729.jpeg
    IMG_3729.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 51

Chan_man808

Reaction score
Picture from above is one of the 18 offsets, the 0 offset looks kind of strange with the lug lugs sucked in quite a bit. Here are the two offsets side-by-side, the 18 on the left and the 0 on the right.
Can you send a picture of the side view? Just want to see how flush it sits at +18. The +0 should have pushed out about 3/4 of an inch? Hard to tell from the picture but I think you are referencing the concave right?

dsmonline

Reaction score
The 0 offset pushes the tire & wheel out about 5/8" from the hub compared with the +18 offset. I wanted to stay as close to OEM specs as possible, which is +19.5, so went with the +18. Probably either would work. 1st photo is the +18, 2nd is 0 offset IMG_3731.jpeg IMG_3735.jpeg

Chan_man808

Reaction score
The 0 offset pushes the tire & wheel out about 5/8" from the hub compared with the +18 offset. I wanted to stay as close to OEM specs as possible, which is +19.5, so went with the +18. Probably either would work. 1st photo is the +18, 2nd is 0 offset
Oh wow I totally see what you mean now! Interesting I expected the face to be more concave.

dsmonline

Reaction score
Just to update everyone, Brink Wheels shipped out and I have received a new +18 offset wheel to replace the 0 offset wheel shipped in error. They said to just keep the other wheel, no need to ship it back, saving me the hassle. They also are taking care of the cost to remount and balance the tire on the new wheel. So really, as we all know, things happen and in this case Brink Wheels stepped up and corrected the issue without any problem.

Users who are viewing this thread