5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New and looking for drop shackles

slimsmopar

Reaction score
I have a 2022 ram and I'm looking to lower just the rear to level it. In the past all it took was drop shackles and the rake was gone. Is there an option as of now to level a 2022 2wd ram with something as simple as s
Shackles?

slimsmopar

Reaction score
I'm also looking to blacken out what I can if someone has recommendations or ideas. I put a smaller black antenna on today. It's a small mod compared to what I'm used to but looks better lol

Attachments

• 20240229_170910.jpg
    20240229_170910.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 21

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2022 ram and I'm looking to lower just the rear to level it. In the past all it took was drop shackles and the rake was gone. Is there an option as of now to level a 2022 2wd ram with something as simple as s
Shackles?
No shackles on the 1500's five link suspension, but the coil springs are not too hard to change.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just look up rear 2” lowering springs. There are quite a few out there and it’s a pretty easy job. Quite a few threads on here about it. Use the search function or look through the suspension section.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm also looking to blacken out what I can if someone has recommendations or ideas. I put a smaller black antenna on today. It's a small mod compared to what I'm used to but looks better lol
You have a 4th Gen "Classic". Better luck posting on a 4rh gen forum

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Shackles?
But to answer your question. You have coil springs suspension. No shackles. Would need the Maxtrac lowering springs

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw the picture after my reply, so the 5-bolt wheels tell me it's a "Classic", not a DT. So I don't know what the suspension setup is on the Classics, if it has leaf springs there may be shackles or blocks available.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the picture after my reply, so the 5-bolt wheels tell me it's a "Classic", not a DT. So I don't know what the suspension setup is on the Classics, if it has leaf springs there may be shackles or blocks available.
Even the classics have coil springs in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread