5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 5th Gen Owner

mmills69

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi. Had an 04 for almost 15 years and picked up a 19 blacked out bighorn. So far only mod is a 3.5" lift and 35". Tires. Looking for inspiration!

Attachments

• 20181024_231849.jpg
    20181024_231849.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46

mmills69

Reaction score
Already had the dealer replace the steps with black ones. NJ is strict on tinting so I'm going to go with the window visors, fender flares and maybe a new grill.

geotex1

Reaction score
Welcome!

That dark beauty is begging for a set of tucked, black, step bars with the stirrup style rungs!

mmills69

Reaction score
Welcome!

That dark beauty is begging for a set of tucked, black, step bars with the stirrup style rungs!

I worked it out with the dealer for black bars. I saw one with the rings, but I went with the OEM black ones. I had to wait almost 2 months as they didnt have them available yet for the 19s. Nicer than the chrome oval ones. 20181129_144729.jpg

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Already had the dealer replace the steps with black ones. NJ is strict on tinting so I'm going to go with the window visors, fender flares and maybe a new grill.

Personally, I don't like the heavily tinted front side windows. It makes it impossible for oncoming vehicle drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists & pedestrians to see if the driver has seen them or not. Looks cool, but IMO is selfish at best, dangerous at worst. Even if I could get away with heavy tinting on the front side windows, I would never do that to my fellow motorists. I know I will get a lot of hate for this posting, but someone has to say it. There comes a point where sharing the road safely and responsibly has to take precedence over vanity.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice rig! Those are the same black step bars that came from factory on my loaded Rebel. The Mopar mudflaps would look good on yours as it is all black. They can be ordered on Amazon for both with and without factory flares and stop mud and wet leaves,etc from getting on bars and door handles shot up from tires. Here are pics of those Mopar flaps on my Rebel. They fit perfectly to vehicle profile and mount securely. They have a strip of two sided tape to keep them laying tight over flare area. I am sure the ones for non flare truck would fit similarly. I trimmed them some on inside with my factory OEM 33" tires on 18"x9" +1 offset Fuel Hardline wheels as moving tire outward caused some rubbing on inside of flaps. I do have air suspension and Rebel has a factory 1" lift. Welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_3292.JPG
    IMG_3292.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3294.JPG
    IMG_3294.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3295.JPG
    IMG_3295.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3296.JPG
    IMG_3296.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3291.JPG
    IMG_3291.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 6

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
more Mopar flaps info.........Also they have several screws and plastic rivots that secure them. Didn't want you to think 2 sided tape was only thing holding them on. It just holds them tight without gap where no other hardware would look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online