5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2021 Ram Laramie 1500

Morenar

Reaction score
I finally was able to move forward with getting a RAM, after a year long lemon law battle with GM on my Sierra. Just left the dealer after signing off on a 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 Night Edition with 11 miles on it. Was too dark for pics, so we will back onsite tomorrow to finalize paperwork and I will take pics. Thanks to this forum for a year long wealth of knowledge.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Congratulations. I see you got Ram Boxes, a very handy feature. Don't be surprised when the ends of the lids begin to curl up a bit, it happens to all of us. It's annoying, but mine have never leaked or anything like that, it's purely a cosmetic issue for my truck.
Welcome to Ram ownership, I hope your is as superb as mine has been. Maybe some day you can regale us with what went on with your GMC Sierra ;-)

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here she is. Just brought her home. I will update all the features into my profile soon.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! Great color choice btw...

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment.
This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

Morenar

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! Great color choice btw...

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment.
This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.
Thanks!

Morenar

Reaction score
Nice! Congratulations. I see you got Ram Boxes, a very handy feature. Don't be surprised when the ends of the lids begin to curl up a bit, it happens to all of us. It's annoying, but mine have never leaked or anything like that, it's purely a cosmetic issue for my truck.
Welcome to Ram ownership, I hope your is as superb as mine has been. Maybe some day you can regale us with what went on with your GMC Sierra ;-)
Yeah, I had read about the issue with the RAM boxes. I was hesitant at first but there was nothing remotely close to the config I wanted locally and unfortunately I couldn't wait to order a truck. The only thing that was missing on mine was the air ride suspension which I wanted and the 33 gallon tank. I was hopping RAM addressed the issue with the RAM boxes on the 2021. We shall see.

My 2017 GMC Sierra V6 was a nightmare. I picked it up on December 26, 2017 brand new with 500 miles on it. No one knew where these miles came from. Started really bad shifting and high transmissions temps at around 5000 miles and had to get the transmission rebuilt. About 1000 miles later had to get the valve body replaced again. This was already done with transmission rebuild. Shavings from the first repair scored the valve body. About 8000 - 9000 miles later, air condenser went out, a few months later the gas pedal sensor went bad. During this whole time the transmission still was not shifting right.
One day I check my transmission fluid and there is a grainy substance in the dipstick tube. I take it back and they tell me the thermal bypass valve was not opening allowing the transmission to cool properly. Replaced it and replace the fluid, which was brown and was changed not much earlier with the valve body replacement. So now I think things are going to be ok. My transmission temp gauges keeps hitting 260 plus even on cold days. Shifting is still bad, I take it in and they say all is normal with it. Since their are no warning lights coming on there is nothing they can do. Well that did it for me and I went the lemon law route. Took a year, but that was mostly due to COVID and things being locked down but I am happy to now be in the RAM family.
My father and father in law both have 1998 and 1999 RAM 1500 with the v8 Magnum in it and they are up to 125,000 miles. Hope mine last just as long.

Users who are viewing this thread