5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ‘25 ram Uconnect 5 issue (won’t shut off)

BunkMoreland

Reaction score
Anyone ever run into this? I’ve had my new ram for less than a week but I just recently noticed that the screen isn’t shutting off, even after the truck is off. It stays on perpetually. I tried to reset it by holding the power and tune buttons. Then reset to default. No luck. Now I have both battery terminals disconnected (15 minutes so far) to see if that will clear it.

I’m not super mechanically inclined, but why is the screen still on after the battery is unplugged for this long? Gonna give it an hour and hope for the best.

PS- when I try to mess with phone settings it states it’s in a RAM assist call. But it’s not. Tried calling ram assist and they exhausted all their fixes, and stated to call for a warranty visit. Which I did. Monday

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's an odd one for sure. Only issue I have with is the apple carplay that will cut off sound every 30-40 seconds for about a second. Sorry I'm no help, but curious what the dealer says when you take it in.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone ever run into this? I’ve had my new ram for less than a week but I just recently noticed that the screen isn’t shutting off, even after the truck is off. It stays on perpetually. I tried to reset it by holding the power and tune buttons. Then reset to default. No luck. Now I have both battery terminals disconnected (15 minutes so far) to see if that will clear it.

I’m not super mechanically inclined, but why is the screen still on after the battery is unplugged for this long? Gonna give it an hour and hope for the best.

PS- when I try to mess with phone settings it states it’s in a RAM assist call. But it’s not. Tried calling ram assist and they exhausted all their fixes, and stated to call for a warranty visit. Which I did. Monday
How long does it stay on? Does it go off after you open the drivers door? If not, try taking the key fob away from the truck, like a long way away. Then see if it goes off. Otherwise, yeah, a trip to the dealer is in order.

BunkMoreland

Reaction score
I had to unhook the secondary smaller battery just to the right of the main battery. Then the screen shut off. Hooked everything back up and it’s working now. Screen is shutting off after I shut off the truck. Going to monitor it and hope for the best. Maybe just a momentary gremlin..

Users who are viewing this thread