5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never bought wheels, need some help

Nj921

Reaction score
I am looking at replacing the wheels on my 2020 Laramie. I know the standard wheel is a 20x9 with 18 offset. Looking to get Vision Rebel 391 wheels and noticed a significant price difference between the stock 18 offset and a 12 offset. Can anybody weigh in and tell me am I even going to notice much difference? Any pics of any trucks that have a 12 offset? This is all new to me, so if it's worth it to spend the extra money I will, but saving 60$ or more per wheel for a potential small offset difference seems like a no brainer, or maybe im wrong?

These are the wheels https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-wheels/vision-rebel
142$ for 12 offset vs. 208$ for 18 offset.

Thanks!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that doesn’t make much sense to me. I don’t think most wheels cost more for a more negative offset. I know fuel wheels are the same whether it’s a 0 offset or a -18.

Toothninja

Reaction score
It seems to me that the difference in cost is too much to warrant the offset. I mean it is literally 6mm difference...about half a centimeter. It s going to push the wheel 6mm out ...no big deal...you won’t even notice the difference.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It seems to me that the difference in cost is too much to warrant the offset. I mean it is literally 6mm difference...about half a centimeter. It s going to push the wheel 6mm out ...no big deal...you won’t even notice the difference.
That’s what I was thinking? Maybe extra material for a more negative offset? But at $60 that would be absurd.

Toothninja

Reaction score
S
That’s what I was thinking? Maybe extra material for a more negative offset? But at $60 that would be absurd.
seems like a no brainer. Only thing I saw was that the12mm was a special order...it may be difficult to get ahold of them.

Nj921

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I’m going to check availability on the 12 offset. Seems too good to be true.

Users who are viewing this thread