5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nerf Bars

Nightowl

Reaction score
I'd like to get nerf bars for my 2020 ram. I've been looking for frame mount but can't find any. Westin only makes bars that bolt to the rockers. Talking to the local accessory dealer, he said factory running boards bolt to the rockers. He said there are already pre drilled and tapped holes for them. I'd like to stay under $500 if possible. Any suggestions?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 21 had studs on the rockers that the bars mounted to. Easy 15 minute install. For full length, there were 3 spots, with 3 studs each. Much easier than 4th gen frame mount.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine mount to frame (body bolt) and the studs. That body bolt is in there too. Needed a breaker bar before I used the impact. Make sure you use threadlocker too when putting it back.

4" oval barricades. I would go bigger though. No less than 5" if you get them. I regret not getting 5".

They're not very aggressive but I liked that they bent all the way under and mounted to the body as well.

Screenshot_20230625_200654_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread