5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negative Offset Question

PaineTrain04

Reaction score
So I've installed a 3.5 inch lift...

I want to run a 35x12.5 tire.

How much of a negative offset can I go before I encounter rubbing?

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
So I've installed a 3.5 inch lift...

I want to run a 35x12.5 tire.

How much of a negative offset can I go before I encounter rubbing?
Anything over -24 just looks dumb with that small of a lift.. -44 and more looks "better" on much bigger lifts.. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on the wheel width. 9" wide I think you can get up to -12 with no rubbing or -18 with maybe a bit of plastic trimming. Several threads if you look.

PaineTrain04

Reaction score
Depends on the wheel width. 9" wide I think you can get up to -12 with no rubbing or -18 with maybe a bit of plastic trimming. Several threads if you look.

Yeah, I was thinking about a -12 offset. I couldn't really find a definitive answer searching through threads.

Aside from what people think looks dumb, I'm looking for a much wider stance without plastic trimming.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking about a -12 offset. I couldn't really find a definitive answer searching through threads.

Aside from what people think looks dumb, I'm looking for a much wider stance without plastic trimming.
-24 will give you that perfect amount of aggressive stance without sticking out too much... Just the perfect amount of "poke" to slop crap all over your truck! Lol seriously though... On my 13 Laramie I had wheels that were (20x10 with -12) and wasnt happy with them so I sold them and bought a new set (20x10 -24) and felt like it was the perfect amount, a nice aggressive stance without going way overboard and got compliments all the time!
I do like -44 on a bigger truck or a truck with a 6" or bigger lift but for a 3.5" lift I feel like -24 would be the max without looking goofy, my 13 had a 6" lift and I feel like some people may like a little more offset than what the -24 was with that big of lift but for me it looked perfect without being overboard
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread