5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Power Running Board Height Measurements

DivrGuy

Reaction score
I've got a set of fixed running boards on my Rebel, but I sometimes have to take my mother around. She has bad knees and uses a walker. She's a big reason why I chose air ride. Even with it lowered, she needs a small step stool to get up on the running boards I have now. I noticed that the powered running boards seem to extend down, and they are what I really wanted anyway. But I know there are Mopar, Amp, and RBP brands available. I remember seeing a thread somewhere recently where someone had posted the measurements from ground to step, and from step to floor for their power running boards. I found that thread and posted it below. I also messaged someone on here who said he has the RBP running boards. I heard back from him and he said RBP shows "Running board drop height is about 12.6". This is the vertical height difference between the edge of the power board and the door". But I'm not sure if they mean the bottom edge of the door where it meets the rocker panel or the bottom of the door casing that closes into the cab. So I thought I would just ask the question of people who have air ride.

What is the height from the step to the bottom of the door casing (attaching picture to show what I mean). The thread I reference below covers the Amp brand pretty close. So I am looking for all other brands...Mopar, RBP, and any others that I am not aware of.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• CAABA05C-93D0-476C-A37D-C70498D124CE.jpeg
    CAABA05C-93D0-476C-A37D-C70498D124CE.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

DivrGuy

Reaction score
Finally found the thread I mentioned earlier. This gives me the answer for Amp. Thanks claser!!

Last edited:

DivrGuy

Reaction score
Anyone have same figures on Mopar or RBP? Mopar looks like it might be identical, but RBP looks like it doesn't extend downward as much.

Users who are viewing this thread