5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Mopar bed step bolt size

Kork

Reaction score
Hi there. I purchased a Mopar bed step for my 2019 1500, but it was a take off, and didn’t come with the bolt the kit is supposed to come with.

I don’t need the nut as my truck is threaded but does anyone have any clue how to figure out what size the bolt is, so I can get another? I’m thinking I can take one of the bolts in the frame for sizing. It’s too long for sure but not sure how to measure what size it is to get the same size but shorter.

The parts department at my dealer was no help.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Looks like a M10, maybe 12, bout 30mm long.

Take one of these out and see if it threads, you'll have to take them out anyway to install the step. 21mm head.

Then take one to tractor supply or similar and find one that works.

e1ae0abce2b4363ed6af55ba2ae7ad3c.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Kork

Reaction score
If anyone needs this info in the future, Ace Hardware carried a Hillman bolt, m14 1.5 which worked great.

Kork

Reaction score
Ha. To be fair I don’t remember what length i bought. I’ll tell you, they have a 2.25” which will not work. Had to exchange for a shorter one. Probably around an inch and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread