5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need MFT adjustment instructions

wayne47

Reaction score
As I summarized in this post, my MFT needs to be adjusted. Searching online, I can not find any information on how to do this. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to mess it up by loosening the wrong thing.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
As I summarized in this post, my MFT needs to be adjusted. Searching online, I can not find any information on how to do this. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to mess it up by loosening the wrong thing.
My driver side MFT doesn't stay at 90. It slammed in and hurt me when I was loading stuff in it pretty bad.

It locks at like 20 degrees and 40. Nothing at 90 and it wants to turn in.

Passenger side one works like I WISH the driver side did.

Would definitely love to know how to get it fixed...

1Raider

Reaction score
Mine has me having to shut it several times to get the alert to clear. Seems to be shut an then get the alert that its open.

wayne47

Reaction score
My driver side MFT doesn't stay at 90. It slammed in and hurt me when I was loading stuff in it pretty bad.

It locks at like 20 degrees and 40. Nothing at 90 and it wants to turn in.

Passenger side one works like I WISH the driver side did.

Would definitely love to know how to get it fixed...
My truck lost it's mind (no 4WD, no cruise, no lane warnings, no collision avoidance, no ABS, Check Engine light, etc). So it's at the dealer this morning. I'm having them look at the MFT while there.

Note that @GeorgiaBoy replied to my post saying that his did have a detent. I'm presuming it's an adjustment issue.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry @wayne47, I totally forgot to check mine in response to your other thread. CRS is real, what can I say?

I'm assuming you have had this looked at by a dealership? It sounds like it's more than just an adjustment, but I could be wrong. Either way, you could be voiding any warranty that covers the MFT if you try making adjustments on your own. Don't get me wrong, I've taken things like this into my own hands to adjust (rambox lids for instance), but only after first giving the dealership techs a shot at it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Went to the dealer today. The tech (not the service advisor) said he never worked on the MFT and would need to take it apart to learn how to work on it. The service advisor said he wasn't sure if it even was suppose to stay open LOL.

Needless to say I didn't let them touch it and screw it up.

I can add something of value though not sure it's enough but here is a exploded view
explodedView.jpg

My truck lost it's mind (no 4WD, no cruise, no lane warnings, no collision avoidance, no ABS, Check Engine light, etc). So it's at the dealer this morning. I'm having them look at the MFT while there.

Note that @GeorgiaBoy replied to my post saying that his did have a detent. I'm presuming it's an adjustment issue.
Did they end up fixing anything? What happened about the MFT?

wayne47

Reaction score
Got my truck back. The ABS unit died and took the network down, not a good design IMO.

No luck on the MFT at the dealer. No luck with RAM Care.

Thanks for the diagram.

I tried calling and emailing this guy - no luck so far. But I have not caught him in the office. Maybe some other people will have better luck.

Mike MacDonald
Customer Care & Experience
Executive Referrals Manager
26001 Lawrence Avenue
Center Line, MI 48015 - USA
Office 586 274 8085
Mobile: 248 376 8340
Mike.MacDonald at Stellantis.com

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Got my truck back. The ABS unit died and took the network down, not a good design IMO.

No luck on the MFT at the dealer. No luck with RAM Care.

Thanks for the diagram.

I tried calling and emailing this guy - no luck so far. But I have not caught him in the office. Maybe some other people will have better luck.

Mike MacDonald
Customer Care & Experience
Executive Referrals Manager
26001 Lawrence Avenue
Center Line, MI 48015 - USA
Office 586 274 8085
Mobile: 248 376 8340
Mike.MacDonald at Stellantis.com
Hey bud I was able to fix my tailgate.
I posted instructions and pictures here.
Very easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread