5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need info for speaker upgrade. Going to truck accessory store

paulmtalleyjr

Reaction score
I have the 9 speaker w/ sub system. I went several weeks ago to talk about getting the speakers upgraded and they wanted to sale me an whole system so I wanted to gather more info before I go back.

They acted like just upgrading the speakers would end up blowing them? I don't really know anything about them, is this true?

I guess the big thing is I don't want to have to buy a new amp and all the wiring if its not necessary. Long term I would look to do that but not currently. Saying that I've seen alot of people mention just changing out the dash speakers. I want to get JL Audio C2's so what size speakers would I need and are there any other speakers that are simple.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
They acted like just upgrading the speakers would end up blowing them? I don't really know anything about them, is this true?
HAHAHAHA no!
I went to audio express about two months ago to buy JL 3.5s for the dash. They told me that replacing the dash speakers is going to eventually blow my amp(Very soon), and if i want to upgrade anything, i'm gonna have to go "all in" (his words)
I don't like the way they're trying to sell... for them, it's "all or nothing" and i hate them for that. I told the guy that if i need to spend $2500 on a new system just to get more highs, That is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.
*THEY ACTUALLY REFUSED TO SELL ME "FOR MY SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!*

Users who are viewing this thread