5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with some wiring on My 21 Ram

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
I have a 21 Ram 1500

I have the new 6aux switch installed and working.

I have 2 questions.

1st : if I have 2 air horns that have 2 small compressors it is setup with 2 relays to be used. With the aux switches it only has one relay for the trigger. I am thinking the 2 relays to give the small compressors enough wattage and amps for the horns. Anyone know how I can wire these ?

2nd :
I am running a 12v aftermarket front camera. I am a little unfamiliar with the camera but told they work good. I see on each end of the camera there is a red positive wire which I assume is a positive
The question is do I need to connect the positive to the battery and then if so where would I connect the other side behind the radio.

Also any pictures for the plug for a Uconnect 4 plug would be awesome

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1st: How many amps do the compressors need to run on?
2nd: Red is usually positive, why would you want to run a B+ from the battery to the back of the radio?
Why don`t you just follow the installation instruction that came with the camera?

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
1st: How many amps do the compressors need to run on?
2nd: Red is usually positive, why would you want to run a B+ from the battery to the back of the radio?
Why don`t you just follow the installation instruction that came with the camera?
Thank you for the reply.

These are the horns I got. It didn’t come with any instruction

I was checking some video that said these compressors pull 22amps each.

I am asking about the relay I currently have and how I can get both of these compressors using 1 button so 2 relays on 1 button. The relay I have is just a single positive out.

The camera I am installing is the natika camera .

Here are the instructions. I wasn’t sure if I was needing to connect this red wire that seems to be a trigger wire.

82D01B51-391F-41F5-805C-2C79639DB91D.jpeg 8AE69BE9-D573-4B57-85EC-61C5451B5F29.jpeg

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am asking about the relay I currently have and how I can get both of these compressors using 1 button so 2 relays on 1 button.
Do a parallel connection from pin 86 to the switch from both relays.

As far as the red trigger wire goes, that is to tell an aftermarket head unit to switch to video source, pretty sure it is not going to work with our Uconnect w/o a some sort of an adapter.
I would suggest you do a search on the forums about adding a front camera.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Do a parallel connection from pin 86 to the switch from both relays.

As far as the red trigger wire goes, that is to tell an aftermarket head unit to switch to video source, pretty sure it is not going to work with our Uconnect w/o a some sort of an adapter.
I would suggest you do a search on the forums about adding a front camera.
Thank you for replying I was researching some more and found that as well. Thanks for that info. So I can ignore the red wire. I have the piece to make the rca for the video out for the camera I just wanted a good picture of the connector in the back of the Uconnect 4 radio module.

Back to the relay.

So I have installed the oem aux switches. I have also installed the relay box for it. All leaving me with a positive out.

If I didn’t have this oem relay box I would understand tying the relays together but if I have 1 which is sending me out a positive can I take that positive and use it to trigger 2 other relays for the horns

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for replying I was researching some more and found that as well. Thanks for that info. So I can ignore the red wire. I have the piece to make the rca for the video out for the camera I just wanted a good picture of the connector in the back of the Uconnect 4 radio module.

Back to the relay.

So I have installed the oem aux switches. I have also installed the relay box for it. All leaving me with a positive out.

If I didn’t have this oem relay box I would understand tying the relays together but if I have 1 which is sending me out a positive can I take that positive and use it to trigger 2 other relays for the horns
Yes, the relay is nothing more than a high current switch.
I would still add an inline fuse to the positive output to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread