5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help With Brake Pedal Part Numbers

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I posted awhile back about brakes being touchy and bad pedal feel, so I've been poking around at it a bit and have convinced myself that part of the problem might be uncertainty in the pedal feel due to the power adjust mechanism. There's a sort of wedging action that takes place in the adjuster, and when I increase/decrease pedal pressure seems to be some squirming that takes place in the adjuster rather than all the movement happening to the booster rod.

Now I'm thinking that if I can get rid of the power adjust and substitute a more solid, simple pedal assembly, it might improve the brake feel. I'd be okay with the power adjust switch doing nothing, and could tape it up or convert it to some other purpose to be determined at a future date.

Can anyone help me figure out what the correct part number might be for a non-power-adjust brake pedal and hopefully if it is a drop-in fit. I've been searching Ram's parts websites, which are a mess, and came up with the following numbers:
2019 2020
68312748AF $122
68312752AN $184
68518662AA $324
2021 2022
68437183AC $200
68437179AE $314

Reading between the lines, I'm pretty sure the 48 is a non-power assembly, and think the 83 might be. And I think the 52 and 79 might be power adjust and the 62 might actually be the booster instead of pedals. Did I mention the websites are a mess?

And if those guesses are correct, why the change between 19~20 and 21~22 and does it matter for what I'm trying to do?

Thanks for bearing with me, and if anyone can shed light will be much appreciated. :)

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a further thought. 💡 Wonder if the non-power assembly uses the same frame as the powered, maybe I can just knock out the pin, rip out adjuster motor and cable, and pop in the non-power pedal? That could save me the bother of messing with carpet, unbolting from floor, etc. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread