5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help please

bellesergio

Reaction score
I just bought a 2007 Ram 1500 quad cab 4.7. it has 172880 Miles..... My ck engine light came on.... I changed the Plugs and Coil. reset the light and it came
back on. Where do I go now?? Fuel Injector??

BigGsc

Reaction score
I just bought a 2007 Ram 1500 quad cab 4.7. it has 172880 Miles..... My ck engine light came on.... I changed the Plugs and Coil. reset the light and it came
back on. Where do I go now?? Fuel Injector??

The check engine light can come on for a million different reasons. Did you read the code to see what set it off?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully the timing chains were changed at some point in your truck with that many miles. That being said the 4.7l isn't the most reliable engine Dodge ever used. Could be a number of things causing your misfire. Especially with the higher mileage. Could try swapping fuel injectors between cylinders to see if the code follows. New O2 sensors. Compression check

Transman

Reaction score
Hopefully the timing chains were changed at some point in your truck with that many miles. That being said the 4.7l isn't the most reliable engine Dodge ever used. Could be a number of things causing your misfire. Especially with the higher mileage. Could try swapping fuel injectors between cylinders to see if the code follows. New O2 sensors. Compression check
PO303 would be a misfire on cylinder #3

Users who are viewing this thread