5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Advice on New Ram Rebel

Notatruckguy

Reaction score
I’m finalizing a Rebel purchase. Great truck. I live in an area with low inventory. Despite this I found a deal on a loaded 2022 Rebel GT — nearly same price as a basic version of the truck.

I am not a fan of the GT exhaust sound. It’s loud and seems obnoxious to me. I like the other features that come with the GT package though. I want to roll the dice with the GT if I can have a reasonable contingency plan should the sound be too much after a few months.

Is it possible to quiet the GT exhaust without spending a fortune or creating problems with the truck or performance?

Any suggestions?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . My guess is that you'll simply get used to the sound but if not I'm almost positive you'll be able to find someone with another Ram willing to trade you their exhaust for yours .

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep give it time see if you get use to it. If not depending in where you’re located and may be able to swap with someone that has the standard DT exhaust since the GT setup is pretty desirable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pschne1

Reaction score
I’m finalizing a Rebel purchase. Great truck. I live in an area with low inventory. Despite this I found a deal on a loaded 2022 Rebel GT — nearly same price as a basic version of the truck.

I am not a fan of the GT exhaust sound. It’s loud and seems obnoxious to me. I like the other features that come with the GT package though. I want to roll the dice with the GT if I can have a reasonable contingency plan should the sound be too much after a few months.

Is it possible to quiet the GT exhaust without spending a fortune or creating problems with the truck or performance?

Any suggestions?
Welcome!

Where are you located? Would be interested in a swap. I have the standard exhaust on my 21 Rebel.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
To be clear the GT edition is just a package that gives you an louder Borla exhaust, different style of air intake, paddle shifters, console shifter (still digital) which allows you to shift gears (not just gear limit), and a few software pages on your radio.
It's the same EXACT truck, so much so they don't even give it a different MPG or HP number.

In theory you could make it just like a regular truck if you wanted, it's not going to matter.

I'm sure anyone would swap exhausts for you. People always seem to want to get their hands on the GT exhaust.
Honestly it's not that loud. Only when you hammer on it. I much prefer my Borla Atack vs the GT style.

Exhausts are ez to change.
Adding the paddle shifters and center console not so much.
Go for it.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First time I heard somebody say the GT exhaust is too loud. Honestly unless your in the gas hard it’s actually very mild. That’s what I like about it and why chose it over much louder systems. Cold start has a healthy bark at first but really mellows out as the motor idles down. I say drive it for awhile. I think you’ll learn to appreciate that exhaust.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To be clear the GT edition is just a package that gives you an louder Borla exhaust, different style of air intake, paddle shifters, console shifter (still digital) which allows you to shift gears (not just gear limit), and a few software pages on your radio.
It's the same EXACT truck, so much so they don't even give it a different MPG or HP number.

In theory you could make it just like a regular truck if you wanted, it's not going to matter.

I'm sure anyone would swap exhausts for you. People always seem to want to get their hands on the GT exhaust.
Honestly it's not that loud. Only when you hammer on it. I much prefer my Borla Atack vs the GT style.

Exhausts are ez to change.
Adding the paddle shifters and center console not so much.
Go for it.
it also give you different seats all around... same bucket seat as trx except it says gt on it, i find them more confy then regular laramie, but i dont know compar to regular rebel , i imagin its the same

Last edited:

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
but to get back in track with this thread, its about the sound, i would not be worry about it, when you cold start it yes its lound but after it get quieter unless you step hard on gas, also as mention in cab you dont hear it much

Users who are viewing this thread