5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice from you guys! Rim set up

Turbo4u

Reaction score
So ive got a 2019 Ram 1500 Sport with the rough country level kit on the front. Ive got the factory 22 inch rims and hate them. I want to get these rims (see picture) but not sure what size tire will fit. Ive tried to research it every where but have mixed answers. Your help is greatly appreciated. In the end i want more sidewall and to fill in the gap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190516-200218_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190516-200218_Samsung Internet.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 68

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
295/60 would be a good size, ~34” tall and looks good on that size wheel. And almost everyone makes one and it’s priced well usually.

You can probably run anything up to a 35” just depending on what you want, I’d recommend staying slightly smaller though. The taller and heavier you get, the more you notice it.

What tire are you looking at?

The attached photo is basically the same wheel setup.

Attachments

• 1558396214393.jpeg
    1558396214393.jpeg
    416.1 KB · Views: 63

Turbo4u

Reaction score
I havnt looked to much at which brand tire yet because i didnt know what will clear without rubbing using that rim

AtmozFear

Reaction score
Considering that’s only a 9 wide wheel, you could easily do a 33”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I havnt looked to much at which brand tire yet because i didnt know what will clear without rubbing using that rim

Gotcha, well It’s a pretty safe offset so you shouldn’t have much rubbing. A true 35 will probably rub a bit at full lock, but in my opinion there’s no reason to run that size tire on a leveled truck. It’s all the negatives of a lifted truck without having one. But that’s just my two cents. If you stick to a metric 33-34 it likely won’t rub at all. The rubbing is always kind of hit or miss since each truck sits just a tad different. You can go crank the wheel and use a tape measure to kind of get an idea if you are really curious about it. Just keep in mind the new setup will sit out a bit further. Somewhere around 1/2” probably.

Users who are viewing this thread