5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Turn By Turn in Gauge Cluster

doug55579

Reaction score
Hey guys, an issue that I have been having lately, more of an annoyance than anything, is that the turn-by-turn directions keep popping up in the dash gauge cluster even though I have turned this off many times. I find the directions in this location distracting and it is overkill and redundant with the big screen in the center. I am guessing the fact that it turns itself back on could be a software glitch? Is anybody else having this issue?

dajogejr

Reaction score
Any chance you’re using your phone/Apple Car Play for directions?
Built in Navigation AND Apple maps via Car Play will trigger the both in the gauge cluster and Heads up display if so equipped.

Can’t speak for Android or Android Auto…

doug55579

Reaction score
Any chance you’re using your phone/Apple Car Play for directions?
Built in Navigation AND Apple maps via Car Play will trigger the both in the gauge cluster and Heads up display if so equipped.

Can’t speak for Android or Android Auto…
Yes I am. It does not do it every time, but often enough to be annoying.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Yes I am. It does not do it every time, but often enough to be annoying.
You can connect your phone via Bluetooth for calls but disable car play (I realize this disables the ability to use SMS, music/streaming apps, Etc. as well) but if you disable car play for a few rides and the turn by turn doesn’t display, you’ve found your culprit.

I have HUD on my 2023. I use Car Play and Apple Maps exclusively. I like Google maps better, but Apple Maps via CarPlay works with HUD on my RAM.
I’ve not used built in Nav a single time since owning my truck.

Good luck.

doug55579

Reaction score
Thank you, I also do not use the built in nav either. The Apple and Google maps with CarPlay are far more intuitive. I wonder if a future software update will fix this glitch?

dajogejr

Reaction score
Agreed, Apple and Google Maps WAY better than factory nav and don’t have to worry about updates, etc.
I gotta think there’s a setting, possibly in your phone…not sure..that will disable turn by turn in the cluster.
I know, there’s 1000 settings in Uconnect. Good luck to you… but, at least if you turn off CarPlay you can determine if that’s what’s causing it to display in the dash.

Papi4baby

Reaction score
Apple Maps will cause this problem when using CarPlay.

I now use google maps just because of that reason.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When this happens, it can be manually turned off by pressing the down arrow on the steering wheel to bring up the speedometer.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i also experience the same thing on my 22 Rebel.
I found that with it turned off, the built-in navi only pops up when you are approaching an intersection where you need to make a turn (could be that I left the direction/ multi-lane guidance thing on... if there is an option. I don't exactly remember)
with G map this doesn't happen at all. With Apple Map this happens. So I use G Map more.

akostaac

Reaction score
i also experience the same thing on my 22 Rebel.
I found that with it turned off, the built-in navi only pops up when you are approaching an intersection where you need to make a turn (could be that I left the direction/ multi-lane guidance thing on... if there is an option. I don't exactly remember)
with G map this doesn't happen at all. With Apple Map this happens. So I use G Map more.
Where is the setting to turn on/off turn by turn navigation on the driver cluster?

Users who are viewing this thread