5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation searching off line.

bocco

Reaction score
Went to use my nav yesterday. I put in an address to search on. It said "searching offline" and didn't find anything. It finds noting no matter what address I try. 2021 with no updates.

Do I need an update?

23RAM

Reaction score
Went to use my nav yesterday. I put in an address to search on. It said "searching offline" and didn't find anything. It finds noting no matter what address I try. 2021 with no updates.
If you don't have a paid subscription, your maps can't search online as there's no connection. Search should still find whatever is available in the map database though.
Have you tried a known address like a gas station or restaurant near you that shows on the maps?
Do I need an update?
Updates are free to download and install - go ahead:

Click brand "RAM"
Click model "RAM"
Click system "Uconnect 5"
Click North America "Download"

Latest maps is from June 2023.

Sorry this is only relevant for 2022-23 models with UC5.

Last edited:

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is the same. I have tried voice commands for 123 main street, and the system responds that it will search for 2546 international in Dubai. It never hears what's been asked and can never find what I type in. It's basically useless, even for known addresses.

And, updates are only free for UC5 owners. UC4 owners are required to pay $99-$150 for maps updates.

Really disappointed in offline searches as the database must've been cleared out when my subscription expired.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Do I need an update?
Wrong section of the forums.

You posted in the uConnect 5 section that is only on 2022s and above.

If you don't have a paid subscription, your maps can't search online as there's no connection. Search should still find whatever is available in the map database though.
Have you tried a known address like a gas station or restaurant near you that shows on the maps?

Updates are free to download and install - go ahead:

Click brand "RAM"
Click model "RAM"
Click system "Uconnect 5"

Latest maps is from June 2023.
All of that information is incorrect. OP said he has a 2021 which is a completely differnet manufacturer of the nav.

bocco

Reaction score
Wrong section of the forums.

You posted in the uConnect 5 section that is only on 2022s and above.

All of that information is incorrect. OP said he has a 2021 which is a completely differnet manufacturer of the nav.
Thank you. I'll try again in the correct forum.

Users who are viewing this thread