5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation by voice

bill5

Reaction score
WhenI am in the truck (2021 Laramie 1500 12" display) and use the voice button for directions, siri comes on and opens Iphone map on Iphone. Would like the
truck navigation to come on instead. Ideas?

bskubon

Reaction score
Try just tapping that button fast, I think if ya hold just a tad to long is when Siri comes on

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Bskubon is correct in that you’re holding the voice button too long. I think in the end you'll get frustrated trying to get the truck nav to get your destination correct that you’ll end up using your phone maps instead.

bazz

Reaction score
Bskubon is correct in that you’re holding the voice button too long. I think in the end you'll get frustrated trying to get the truck nav to get your destination correct that you’ll end up using your phone maps instead.
For sure... just tried the built-in Uconnect Nav in my truck... took me in a completely opposite direction than my iphone maps app. What's up with that ? 🤷‍♂️

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
For sure... just tried the built-in Uconnect Nav in my truck... took me in a completely opposite direction than my iphone maps app. What's up with that ? 🤷‍♂️
If you’re new to the world of Uconnect; welcome to a world of disappointment when it comes to voice recognition. It’s a painful voice system. I’m hoping as most are I imagine, that the new version 5 coming out soon will be worlds better. Typing in your destination is far easier and less frustrating or better yet just use car play/android auto. You’ll be much happier in the long run.

Another downside with Uconnect nav, the maps are most likely from 2015-17 at best. Don’t expect updates either without pulling the wallet out If they ever come available.

Congrats on your new rebel also.

Users who are viewing this thread