5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation 2020 Ram 1500

jwpatterson1

Reaction score
I am getting the searching offline and address cannnot be found, started after I installed the update, $149 for nothing but problems.
Have had at dealer twice, they are no help. Last time after service writer told me it worked, I had him come out to truck with me and typed in an address, (Im in Colorado) his comment was " Well that's a Nevada address) My response was so it only works in CO? conversation went downhill from there, he looked for shelter by scampering inside and coming out with Service Director, explained whole thing to him, end result was they could to nothing it was a Uconnect issue their cure was to give me the Unconnect customer phone #. Kinda a BS way out of problem, anyway i called Uconnect, after lots of questions and check this and that they told me it was a dealer issue and i had to work with them, Dealer says nope its Uconnect.
WTF??

Sumter63

Reaction score
I am getting the searching offline and address cannnot be found, started after I installed the update, $149 for nothing but problems.
Have had at dealer twice, they are no help. Last time after service writer told me it worked, I had him come out to truck with me and typed in an address, (Im in Colorado) his comment was " Well that's a Nevada address) My response was so it only works in CO? conversation went downhill from there, he looked for shelter by scampering inside and coming out with Service Director, explained whole thing to him, end result was they could to nothing it was a Uconnect issue their cure was to give me the Unconnect customer phone #. Kinda a BS way out of problem, anyway i called Uconnect, after lots of questions and check this and that they told me it was a dealer issue and i had to work with them, Dealer says nope its Uconnect.
WTF??
Dealing no with same issues. Mine just continues to shut down and reboot. I lose everything no control over anything on screen. My phone even disconnects. Dealer tells me no update available yet. This is a 22 Ram Limited 10th Anniversary Edition with 1200 miles. What happened to just a nice truck. Love this truck but can’t stand driving you just get angry every time the screen starts doing it’s own thing. Good luck with yours.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
WTF??
This is why it's just better to plug your phone in and use Google maps with android auto or Carplay

Elcorbs

Reaction score
I updated my Uconnect a couple of months ago OTA. It has worked flawlessly since that time. I received a coupon via email for the map update for $99. I jumped on it and it came in a few days ago. Yesterday I installed the update. I am going on a short trip today so I will see if everything works as it is supposed too. I have read so many horror stories about the Uconnect but bought the RAM anyway. Consumer Reports gave it great reviews and my brother in law loves his and had no issues after 130,000 miles. This truck is so comfortable and enjoyable to drive.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealing no with same issues. Mine just continues to shut down and reboot. I lose everything no control over anything on screen. My phone even disconnects. Dealer tells me no update available yet. This is a 22 Ram Limited 10th Anniversary Edition with 1200 miles. What happened to just a nice truck. Love this truck but can’t stand driving you just get angry every time the screen starts doing it’s own thing. Good luck with yours.
What you're describing is a much bigger issue than just navigation. If your radio is rebooting, and you're losing connection with your phone, there's something other than a map issue going on. Take it to the dealership to have it fixed. They may replace the radio. Or possibly you have a loose connection and they can fix that to resolve your problem.
This is definitely not normal.

I updated my Uconnect a couple of months ago OTA. It has worked flawlessly since that time. I received a coupon via email for the map update for $99. I jumped on it and it came in a few days ago. Yesterday I installed the update. I am going on a short trip today so I will see if everything works as it is supposed too. I have read so many horror stories about the Uconnect but bought the RAM anyway. Consumer Reports gave it great reviews and my brother in law loves his and had no issues after 130,000 miles. This truck is so comfortable and enjoyable to drive.
I've heard horror stories of map updates too. I can't speak for the current update (I didn't install it because I wasn't going to pay for it) but I've had no issues at all with UConnect or the associated nav system.
I'm inclined to agree with your brother-in-law and Consumer Reports. I like it and think it works just as well as the dash mounted Garmin I use in my work car. In fact, I like it so much I've had it on all my Rams and Jeeps since 2014.
If those horror stories start happening to me, I'll just use a dash mounted Garmin, but so far I've been very happy with it. I know a lot of people say to use Android Auto or Apple Carplay but that requires having your phone with you or ready at hand, and I'm not so attached to my phone as most people apparently are. I'd rather have a system that's part of the truck. Be it built in or attached/left there.

OP, sorry to hear about the frustrating issue. I have no idea how to proceed with that, but it does sound like it's a result of the update (which BTW used to be free). The only solution I can come up with is to roll back the update or replace the system with one that doesn't have it. In either case that probably doesn't get your money back that you wasted on the update, but at least it would work correctly again.

Users who are viewing this thread