5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mysterious crack infront window

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
truck was prked for the last two days no crack in it at all as of Saturday got in truck
drove to work and there she is...ive seen multiple posts like this...

Attachments

• 4CCDD02A-24BC-45C5-835D-CDFA2AD2F2A4.jpeg
    4CCDD02A-24BC-45C5-835D-CDFA2AD2F2A4.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 87
The crack in my windshield wasn't random (the windshield wiper fell off when I was washing under it and the metal hook crashed down) but I am interested if you all are getting the Mopar official windshield or if you are going with an alternative?

Seems like there's a shortage of the Mopar version.

alternative, the Glass Company (Safelight) said its a 2 to 3 month wait for OEM Ram symbol window, alternate window w be installed Thurs Morn at my work in the lot.. 0 Deductible...i have glass coverage..No brainer

alternative, the Glass Company (Safelight) said its a 2 to 3 month wait for OEM Ram symbol window, alternate window w be installed Thurs Morn at my work in the lot.. 0 Deductible...i have glass coverage..No brainer
Just make sure to check everything very carefully after the tech finishes the installation. Safelite sent a tech to repair a chip in my wife's windshield. The tech managed to crack the glass, requiring a replacement. The next day they sent someone else who installed the new windshield. After he left, I removed the tape at each end of the glass the next day only to find he gouged the paint down to the bare metal and had brushed urethane along the damaged area (which was in plain sight along the top edge). There was over 2,900.00 in damage (according to the three estimates required by Safelite) and we finally received a check to cover the damage. I was told by the shop manager that the wrong tool was used to cut the urethane and if it had been done at the shop, this situation would never have happened. Might be a good idea to take the truck to a Safelite shop rather than having it done in a parking lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back