5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My truck doesn’t have Rear Reservoir Shocks???

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel.. In another FB Group Someone realized they that some of these trucks didn’t come with the Bilstein rear reservoir Shock Absorbers??.. Non Air Suspension trucks.. Anyone have an idea why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel.. In another FB Group Someone realized they that some of these trucks didn’t come with the Bilstein rear reservoir Shock Absorbers??.. Non Air Suspension trucks.. Anyone have an idea why?

There's another thread on here about this , if I recall correctly it looked like anything built after Feb/March 2020 (or close to it) didn't get the bilsteins with reservoirs. It looks like ram switched shocks without telling anyone.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's another thread on here about this , if I recall correctly it looked like anything built after Feb/March 2020 (or close to it) didn't get the bilsteins with reservoirs. It looks like ram switched shocks without telling anyone.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Did anyone find out the reason why?

Str8Cracker

Reaction score

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Did anyone find out the reason why?

Without knowing any details, my best guess would be, ready for it? Bean-counter induced profit-margins... :LOL:
Again, don’t know anything about this, but that would be my take.

Cheers,

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read the whole thread. Up to this point still no concrete answer as of why? Ridiculous.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
Agreed ridiculous! I haven’t followed that thread in sometime because it didn’t really affect me. Fast forward to today and I ordered a new Rebel 12 and am guessing I’m in the same shoes as the fellow newer purchasers.

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
Read the whole thread. Up to this point still no concrete answer as of why? Ridiculous.

I'd sell your truck! LOL

Manufacturers change parts all the time. As long as it get substituted with a equal or better part its not a big deal. They often change between model years and run the new model assembly line with previous year parts until they run out, then switch to the new part#.
Unless I'm wrong, nowhere in the vehicle specs or documentation does it say the Rebels come with Res. Shocks. Even if it did, there will be fine print advising they can substitute parts

Users who are viewing this thread