5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Second Ram

MountainRam

Reaction score
Purchased a used 2019 Ram 1500 Warlock 4x4 Crew Cab about 6 months ago. The wife uses it as her daily commuter. I still drive my 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4 and have loved driving it since I purchased it used over 5 years ago. The extra legroom in 2019 Warlock compared to the 2014 Big Horn is really nice, but the ride height is a couple of inches higher on the 2019 so I'm in the process of getting some step bars. I say "process" because I'm currently returning the *second* set of step bars to the vendor. Since the Warlock is a 2019, I'm apparently caught in a 2019 twilight zone of "Classic" versus "New" Rams. Strangely, there are differences between the mounting locations on the same model year; specifically the lack of "factory studs" that are SUPPOSED to be on the "New" 2019 Ram but ARE NOT. To the Ram Veterans on this website, please pardon the use of "Classic" and "New". I'm unfamiliar with the idiosyncrasies of "3rd, 4th, 5th Gen" terminology. Anyway, it's VERY frustrating. Apparently, "Factory Stud Installer Guy" called in sick the day my truck rolled off the assembly line. I have no other explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread