5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Screen is Frozen help !!!

Peterm1992

Reaction score
Ok so I’ve had my truck for 2 months have never had any issues with the Uconnect 8.4 touch screen with nav
Ilast thing I remember is I parked my truck when I then touched the screen I realize it wasn’t responding and is now frozen no radio heat climate control is still working but on the knob only screen does **** off when truck is off but when starts back up it’s frozen again from where it showed before
I’ve tried contacting uconnect support and they tried directing doing the soft reset with the voice command and open door thing but no luck I really don’t have time to get to the dealership and have to get a loaner help

Bram2019

Reaction score
You could try removing power from radio for 90 seconds or so, so it will hard reboot. If that does not work, you could try to create a flash drive on the uconnect site and update the software. To power down radio, you need to pull the fuse that directly supplies battery feed to the radio at all times. That should be fuse 44 on the interior power distribution center. Beyond doing this you need to go to dealer. Radio could be trashed due to failed over the air software update. If you try to update this radio in that state, it will still probably require a hard power down, which means turn on key to run, insert usb drive, pull fuse, wait 90 seconds, then reinstall fuse. Hopefully software will try to update. Also make sure there are no add ons plugged into the 16 way dlc port. I would try to hard reboot first by pulling fuse 44 and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread