5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My paired phone keeps disappearing?

doolin64

Reaction score
I did not have this issue with my 8.4 Uconnect in my Gladiator, but for the 3rd time I get in my truck and I have no paired devices. It's not difficult to repair, just a nuisance to re-pair and set my favorites. And of course I usually notice when I start driving. Then of course you have to wait until stopped. I want to say it's happened after I've used Android Auto, but I can't say for sure.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you mean that it is not connected and is NOT shown on the Uconnect devices list? Or just not connected.

What I would do in either case is power cycle the phone and reset the radio by holding the two knobs down until it reboots and see if that helps.

doolin64

Reaction score
It does not show up in the Uconnect for listed devices. It's like my phone never existed according to the radio.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
... reset the radio by holding the two knobs down until it reboots and see if that helps.

I have never heard of this capability to reset. All this time I thought there was no way to reset except by disconnecting the negative battery terminal.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never heard of this capability to reset. All this time I thought there was no way to reset except by disconnecting the negative battery terminal.
This is for the 8,4 only, not the 12.

The actual procedure is to hold the knobs down until the screen goes black and then turn off the ignition and open the door for 30 seconds (which removes power). Then close the door and start the radio.

doolin64

Reaction score
I believe my issue is tied to Android Auto as I have issue detailed in this thread.

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
I having a problem that it not downloading my contacts. Im connecting it shows my iphone and apple car play bit i cannot see or or add my contacts.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an iPhone plugged in for CarPlay and always using the maps app on my phone to navigate for work over multiple states. Just this past week my maps app has disappeared or crashed while in route but my Grace To You app that I was listening to did not stop playing - it was strange. The last time it went all black and I have to unplug and replug the phone back in for it to boot back up. Very stupid and potentially dangerous depending on what road I’m on when it happens. Not sure if it’s just a glitch or needs a refresh or update somehow. So it’s likely not your phone, it’s the system in the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread