5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Lifted MPG observation

R

Rob5589

As a side update, I Switched to a forged 22x12 with same amp, seems like I lost a mpg or so on the highway. Not sure why, but I’m down around 12 ish around town at highway speeds. Maybe it’s just because it’s cold now.

I also bought a 20x9 0 offset with 35x11.50 terra grapplers. Mileage around town is near stock or maybe even better it seems if you stay under about 50. It drives really well on these, very similar to stock All around.

But highway mileage is still a tad lower, just did 1600 miles on these and seems to be anywhere from 13-16 depending on the speed and terrain. 67 seems to be the sweet spot for me, where I can get around 17 on the dash. 70 is about 14-15, 75 around 13-14 and 80 around 8-12 depending on grade.

I ended up averaging about 14 over the 1600 miles, and it was closer to 15-15.5 but I ran 80-85mph the last hour or because i was ready to get home and tanked the average lol.

I can’t imagine driving that far on the 12 wides, or what the mileage would be. So having a second set of all terrains or even all seasons is a huge plus IMO if you have heavy/wide/aggressive wheels/tires.
Not surprising. People rarely take into account how much a wide wheel and heavy tire will kill momentum, especially going uphill. Plus like you observed, nearly stock handling, with a 35. I'll take the narrow tire over the wide every time.

Users who are viewing this thread