5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My issue Apple car play not recognizing my phone (or wifes)

Andrewfl

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Eco diesel Laramie with a 12' screen. I have been having horrible experiences with the system. I plug my phone in and it will say its charging, then beep and say not charging, two seconds later charging...you get the picture. I tried my wife's phone, same thing. I tried micro USB, regular USB nothing will do the trick, i tried brand new cables as well. Then I get lucky for 10 mins some days and it recognizes the phone, apple car play works perfectly, and then it just goes away, then the screen freezes. I brought it in because I bought a "technology warranty" I paid the deductible and after 5 mins driving down the road same issue. They said to bring it back, i bought the truck to use it and get to work and can't just keep bringing it back. I am thinking it was something to do with the contact behind the USB and nothing at all with the Uconnect system. Any one have/had a similar issue? I can't possibly have the only RAM that this happens to.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Could be the usb media hub. I swapped mine out because it wouldn’t work when it is hot outside.

Users who are viewing this thread