5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Frankenstein lowering kit and thoughts.....

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
19 Laramie 4X4 w/ OEM 22's

I've been researching for a bit.

As of now I ordered the Maxtrac 2" reverse leveling coils in hopes that I'll be happy, but I keep seeing the 2/4 drops and just not sure the simple reverse will be enough Haha I also ordered CORE4X4 arms and panhard bar. Once I finalize my drop, I'll order the CORE4X4 sway bar links and either Hellwig or Belltech sway bars front/rear.

This is where my thought process is going IF I do decide to drop 2/4...

Belltech spindles ( best way to do front) w/ 20" wheel hubs, the money I'll save on not needing UCA's will make up for the hubs and spindles. If I did decide to do arms, probably look at CORE4X4 UCA's, MAYBE Maxtrac.
Now where it gets interesting, I'm thinking since front suspension will be stock as far as not needing lowering struts/coilovers. I can save money and swap Bilstein 4600's, 5100's ( depends how sits because I think they have a min .6 lift) 6112's, Fox coilovers since they can be set at stock, ICON coilovers same reason. Would it be overkill? possibly :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The rear I would probably stick with Maxtrac 4" coils, unless someone thinks the Belltech coils would be better/ride better? I'll have the adjustability of the CORE4X4 arms, panhard and sway bar links. Then I'll research rear options, Bilstein 5100's ( Ford Ranger option ) 5160's, Vikings, maybe something else.... Who knows.

Years ago I lifted my 4th Gen 6" w/ 37X13.5 tires. I used Superlift kit, Bilstein 6112's Front and researched my own 5160's Rear, along with CORE4X4 arms, panhard, sway links and Hellwig sway bar. One of the first guys to use CORE4X4 back in the day.

Thoughts?? I'm at work, so might be forgetting some things Haha

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well looks like I'm sticking with the Maxtrac 2" reverse coils, and will be installing the CORE4X4 items soon. I picked up a Leer Cap over the weekend and think if I go 2/4 drop the frame and axle wouldn't play nice and I don't want to be bouncing off the bump stops.

Still need to order the sway bars and links, but thinking Spring is a better time for those.

Users who are viewing this thread