5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My aftermarket muffler experiences (MBRP, B2fab and now VE).....

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel with 5.7L

I started with the MBRP because they are local and were relatively cheap. Sounded incredible, quite loud and very raspy (which I love) but I do live in a cookie cutter subdivision where there is barely 6 feet between my home and the neighbours and you can imagine how loud this thing is on a cold start up in Canada. During the cerveza sickness it was fine as I didn't need to go to work super early but at some point that changed and I needed something less obnoxious. So I ordered the B2fab muffler (the quietest one, or so I thought) and it sounded even better. Yes, it was a LITTLE bit quieter than MBRP (albeit, not much) but the sound was a lot more refined. Everyone that heard it loved it. I have 2 mates with RAM's as well and we all put our MBRP's on at the same time and they always commented on how much better they liked the B2fab sound. I then removed the resonators at the tail pipes and it sounded even cleaner. Was amazing but again, cold starts in the morning would wake up my family, let alone all of my neighbours. No one said boo to me but I know they all hated me.......

So I decided to get Valved Exhaust next. I installed this muffler about a month ago and I can't tell you how much happier I am. When I have the valve closed, it is quieter than stock. It's actually quite funny. I've been at lights and can't tell if the truck is running, LOL It's like an electric truck, much quieter than stock. But open the valve and it is a straight pipe. SUPER loud. Punching it around town is wild. This to me is the best of both worlds. Quiet driving to work and loud as all hell driving home. To give you perspective because ones mans loud is another mans silent. I used to build 4x4's and had V8 muscle cars as a teen/younger man. I had a Ram Air Trans Am that was straight piped from the 1 3/4" headers back. No muffler, no cat, nothing.

To give you an idea of how quiet it is now, my dog can't tell when I have made it home when I have it in "stealth" mode.

I also have my garage door openers in the sun visor programmed for the open and close buttons. So convenient.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Cheers

LATXAg

Reaction score
I have a few questions, had a few Mustangs with valved exhaust (Ford) and loved the choice… with that, here we go… Other than the muffler, rest of your system is stock? How was install / setup? Assume you purchased and had local shop install? Any learnings? Watched a video on it, work as described? Also, looked over their website, didn’t see Ram listed…. Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread