5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My A/C is cold 2020 Ram BH

BigD

Reaction score
I keep reading about sub par A/C performance on the 2019 & 2020 Rams. My A/C is pretty darn cold. I work construction & after working in the 95 degree heat with 70 dewpoint all day I usually hit the max button for 10 minutes. After that I turn it down to like 5 because I'm freezing. So I'm not really sure what people are talking about ? Is it only certain models or what ?

Depending when yours was built in 2020. It could have the upgraded parts. Also, I think it is subjective. Someone else might sit in your truck and think it is subpar.

The very late 2020s received the upgraded part, or so the theory goes, based on the TSB dates for iffy A/C. When was yours built?

I bought mine off the lot in April 2020 so it must've been built in late 2019 or so. It's just as cold as my wife's 2019 Kia Sorento. Just as cold as any other vehicle I've ever owned.

Here is an excerpt from the TSB 24-001-20. This TSB should be done for any 2019 RAMS built before this date.

1629844427588.png

I've never temped mine. Got to remember to do that. Is that after driving for a bit or just idling for a few minutes after start up?

My issue after having the TSB done, is it doesn't blow as hard on high which seems to take a little longer to cool off.

My Bighorn was built 6/24/2020 somewhat close to the July 31st date in the TSB. The AC seems to work well, is there anyway to identify old vs new parts without major disassembly?

2019 Limited, June 2019 build, AC works just fine.

I temped my vent for the first time. I have no complaints about my ac but was surprised to see I'm at about 52 degrees.

Live in FL
Outside temp was about 85 at the time
It was night time
Had ac on high and recirculate
Drove for about 30 mins and took pic at red light. I was freezing but I let it run to make sure
Driver side vent by radio
20210824_223524.jpg20210824_223524.jpg

I temped my vent for the first time. I have no complaints about my ac but was surprised to see I'm at about 52 degrees.

Live in FL
Outside temp was about 85 at the time
It was night time
Had ac on high and recirculate
Drove for about 30 mins and took pic at red light. I was freezing but I let it run to make sure
Driver side vent by radio
View attachment 103750View attachment 103750

In my book, with a 2019 Crew pano-glass, anything near 50F isn't cold enough to adquately cool down when the interior is direct sunlight heat soaked. And that was the case with mine. The a/c hack worked well but the TSB was a welcome relief. Thank goodness it finally became an acknowledged issue at FCA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back