5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 12" Radio Issues

boomtastic

Reaction score
My 12" radio died on the 2nd day I had my Ram, about 1000 miles away from the selling dealer. Yes, I took delivery of the truck and *immediately* went on a 3000 mile road trip with it. Somewhere in the lovely state of New Jersey, the radio lost an entire side for output. The whole driver's side was completely out, so I stopped and restarted the truck. That caused the radio to reboot, and when it did it was stuck in a "getting GPS" type loop. I had to break out the tools and disconnect the battery in order to get the radio to reset. When I got back to the selling dealership about a week later, I told them about the radio and they said "Yep, that's the fix for now".

Maybe taking delivery of my Ram on Friday the 13th (7/13) should have been a warning! lol

Do these symptoms sound familiar?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...Maybe taking delivery of my Ram on Friday the 13th (7/13) should have been a warning! lol

Do these symptoms sound familiar?
At least it wasn’t built on Friday the 13th (y). The 12” have been buggy, but are getting better. You might post your software version so those who have the 12” can help you better. I believe there is also a TSB out on the system.

RT70808

Reaction score
At least it wasn’t built on Friday the 13th(y). The 12” have been buggy, but are getting better. You might post your software version so those who have the 12” can help you better. I believe there is also a TSB out on the system.
Mine was built on Friday April 13th

NewRAMGuy

Reaction score
At least it wasn’t built on Friday the 13th(y). The 12” have been buggy, but are getting better. You might post your software version so those who have the 12” can help you better. I believe there is also a TSB out on the system.
How do you check your software version?

Users who are viewing this thread