5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Murphy's Law does it again.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Golden rule, NEVER drive a sold car.

I used to own an old Infiniti G20t and a BMW M5. Both of those cars were nearly impossible to sell because every time they were listed, something major would break. Specifically, when I sold my E60 M5 to "webuyanycar" I trailered it to the parking lot nextdoor, then drove it in like "what's up guys?" Not because the car wasn't drivable, but because I was deathly afraid that something would break the moment I put the car in gear. Sure enough, it did. I had to move the car about 1000ft from the trailer, to the garage and I could not pull it off. I got a transmission warning light the moment it came off the trailer.

Last time I rented a truck (another guy's insurance paid for my rental), I had a Ram 1500 Classic for about a month from Enterprise. On the very last day, on my way back to Enterprise, a piece of debris fell off of another truck, hit the side of my rental vehicle, and I was on the hook for the $8,000 repair (my insurance required $1000 deductible).

In anticipation of my new Ram, we ended up selling our 2016 CX-5. It's SOLD, it's being picked up tomorrow at 10am. Well, this was the weekend before it sold:

...and Today, the CX-5 just had a blowout of it's very own....right in the sidewall because my wife decided to drive the kids 4 blocks to school instead of walking. She didn't even reach 20mph. $231 out of my pocket and the car is not even going to be in my possession in the next 22 hours. I insisted she refrained from driving the car and only left her the key for an absolute emergency. Couldn't be more pissed.

I'm telling you guys, cars KNOW when they are about to be sold and Murphy's Law is never stronger than within that 24-hour window.

Users who are viewing this thread