5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

multifunction Lever (Windshield wiper/washer arm

Tired-of-waiting

Reaction score
Quick question: Is the Wiper control arm (Multifunctional Lever) supposed to be backlit?
As expected, all of my instrument cluster is backlit for ease of use at nighttime, EXCEPT for the Windshield Wiper / Windshield Washer Multifunction lever.
This seems odd to me, but my dealer said they thought that is normal (But they failed to convince me this is normal).
I've never seen this in any vehicle I've owned. So the question is shouldn't this multifunction lever also be backlit??
Thanks,
Rick

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 | Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats | Diamond Black Crystal Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint | Sport Appearance Package | Bed Utility Group | Laramie Level B Equipment Group | 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine | Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers | Uconnect 12.0 with Navigation | Parksense Ft/Rr Park Assist w/Stop | Mopar Spray in Bedliner | Trifecta ALX Tonneau Cover | Oedro Running Boards

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Quick question: Is the Wiper control arm (Multifunctional Lever) supposed to be backlit?
As expected, all of my instrument cluster is backlit for ease of use at nighttime, EXCEPT for the Windshield Wiper / Windshield Washer Multifunction lever.
This seems odd to me, but my dealer said they thought that is normal (But they failed to convince me this is normal).
I've never seen this in any vehicle I've owned. So the question is shouldn't this multifunction lever also be backlit??
Thanks,
Rick

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 | Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats | Diamond Black Crystal Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint | Sport Appearance Package | Bed Utility Group | Laramie Level B Equipment Group | 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine | Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers | Uconnect 12.0 with Navigation | Parksense Ft/Rr Park Assist w/Stop | Mopar Spray in Bedliner | Trifecta ALX Tonneau Cover | Oedro Running Boards
I've never seen a vehicle where any of the stalks on the steering column were back lit.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Joined in 2021 and 2 posts sure we aren't getting trolled. :giggle:

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never driven a vehicle with a backlit multifunction lever on the steering column. Their function is fairly simple and standard so I'm not sure why it would be needed.

Users who are viewing this thread