5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi function tailgate

Blais Cycle

Reaction score
Multi function tailgate can it be set up to open with a new remote that has that function on it.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It can be done, if you have the equipment. If you have an electric release, it can be programmed. If not, you need to add parts.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It can be done, if you have the equipment. If you have an electric release, it can be programmed. If not, you need to add parts.
I mean you can possibly program something to release the latch in theory, but it's a manual opening tailgate.

Doing that would effectively do nothing as the MFT's first door opens to the left, and the right door is a MANUAL not electrical release unlike the left which shares the same electric switch as the regular tailgate.

Without gravity going to the left would be pointless.
At least on my truck it unlocks by itself as long as I have my key so I don't need to go into my pocket when opening the tailgate.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I mean you can possibly program something to release the latch in theory, but it's a manual opening tailgate.

Doing that would effectively do nothing as the MFT's first door opens to the left, and the right door is a MANUAL not electrical release unlike the left which shares the same electric switch as the regular tailgate.

Without gravity going to the left would be pointless.
At least on my truck it unlocks by itself as long as I have my key so I don't need to go into my pocket when opening the tailgate.
He asked if he got a remote with the tailgate button, which he doesn't have, if it will open the tailgate. It will only open as a normal tailgate with the remote.

Users who are viewing this thread