5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler shop question

JHoughton

Reaction score
So I purchased a flow master super 10 for my 21 bighorn - muffler shop says it won’t work/fit with this truck- I’ve saw videos with 2020 rams with it- did something change?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I purchased a flow master super 10 for my 21 bighorn - muffler shop says it won’t work/fit with this truck- I’ve saw videos with 2020 rams with it- did something change?
did you purchase just the muffler? if so, they will have to unclamp your current OEM muffler, and then weld some new pipe in to install your flowmaster. They either don't have the tools to be able to do this (requires specific measurements, bending machines, etc), or the inlet/outlet measurements on your muffler are so far off from what your OEM exhaust system is that they can't work with it. doubt thats the case tho

JHoughton

Reaction score
did you purchase just the muffler? if so, they will have to unclamp your current OEM muffler, and then weld some new pipe in to install your flowmaster. They either don't have the tools to be able to do this (requires specific measurements, bending machines, etc), or the inlet/outlet measurements on your muffler are so far off from what your OEM exhaust system is that they can't work with it. doubt thats the case tho
Yeah when I was telling the guy I wanted to replace the current muffler with the FM and delete the back resonators - dude was trying to push just chopping the muffler and that be it - I’m betting he didn’t have the right machines to bend pipe right or just didn’t want to put that much work in it - he ended up chopping the muffler for $50 so until I find someone else to check it out I’m rocking that set up

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah when I was telling the guy I wanted to replace the current muffler with the FM and delete the back resonators - dude was trying to push just chopping the muffler and that be it - I’m betting he didn’t have the right machines to bend pipe right or just didn’t want to put that much work in it - he ended up chopping the muffler for $50 so until I find someone else to check it out I’m rocking that set up
hahah i ran a muffler delete when i first got my truck before my actual exhaust system came and it was LOUD. yeah sounds like they just didnt want to deal with doing that then... takes a lot of time doing custom work like that. good luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread