5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mpg with lift and 35s

Syman02

Reaction score
Hi all! New to the forum but not to ram. I am looking at a 19 Laramie. I am wanting to put on the readylift 3.5" lift and 35x12.5x20 tires. What kind of mpg should I expect with the stock 3.21 gears? Thanks for the help!

John813

Reaction score
What type of tire you plan on running? AT or MT? Brand?
Can be a 10+lb difference between the two and that rotating mass does add up.
For reference, I had a stock raptor on A/Ts (35s). Got mid to high 13's on my commute. Went to MT's, it dropped to high 12's, low 13's. And that was with a lighter MT. The toyos can weight over 70lbs per tire and some guys with Raptors get ~11 mpg with them.

I would expect the 3.21's to feel more sluggish going to the 35's, and it probably will downshift way more when you accelerate.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
My previous ram 16 with 35’s and lift got the same mileage I get out of this stock Laramie lol so far mileage has been horrible I am hoping it gets a little better but I think it’s also due to the fact that I have Autostart now and always use it.

I am about to pull the trigger on the same setup just need that extra push to get off the cliff since the truck rides so damn nice as is.

Syman02

Reaction score
I am looking at Toyo Open Country A/T II. I currently have a 2016 Rebel with the Toyo A/T and love the way they ride and wear. I get between 17-18mpg now with 3.92. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to take too big of a hit going with these larger A/T's on the Laramie with the 3.21. Thanks for the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online