5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mother of all sway control hitches

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Gonna say early 90's do they still make it maybe they can update the video.:)

jeffmc306

Reaction score
Hensley and ProPride utilize the same design. People who have them swear they never experience sway again even in crosswinds. Not cheap but the peace of mind and safety is worth something.
There are some downsides so make sure you research it first. Backing up may require disengaging the WD bars. Andy at Can Am likes Equalizer brand; so far I’m having good luck with Blue Ox - just make sure you’ve got the right size bars.

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
Gonna say early 90's do they still make it maybe they can update the video.:)
Yes, the video looks pretty dated. But the hitch is still made. On the other hand, I just looked at the video on YouTube and the vid was posted in 2011 so despite the vintage look, it is apparently fairly recent. Maybe the company deliberately used old cars to emphasize that their hitch is so good it will work with anything as a tow vehicle.

I want to buy one despite the $2000+ price tag but I have a fitment problem with my trailer - the tongue is too short. But am looking into what it will take to make it fit. It's a big and bulky sucker but it sure is effective. That video, as old as it is, is pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread