5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Wireless Charger Install

Royal

Reaction score
I'm due to fit the OE wireless charger soon and wanted to know if any one has the OBD and Jailbreak unit that I could buy or borrow from them (obviously I would pay shipping and return etc).

I wasn't aware of infotainment until after I had bought the unit discounted on one of the online mopar sites, however I did contact then to see if I could purchase the OBD/security dongle but no-one got back to me.

I am located in Ottawa, ON

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You don't need to enable anything in the BCM. That's what everyone says. I installed my own. But I used AlfaODB to set the settings, but again, it isn't required. I wish I wouldn't wasted the money on it. It's performance is pretty poor.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I installed it in my truck. It does take longer to charge your phone with it, but I still like having the clean factory wireless option. I ended up taking it to the dealership once I installed it. For some reason the instructions weren't correct, and I couldn't connect all the wiring. It does say in the instructions that a dealership has to flash your computer to get it to work. I can't remember what it costed me, but it was a couple hundred dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread