5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar OEM chrome running boards slippery - any solutions?

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have the Mopar chrome wheel-to-wheel running boards that came with the truck. The plastic caps have a honeycomb texture but are still very slippery when wet, especially with the little ones' small shoes. Any quick and easy solutions? Thought about the grip tape but the honeycomb would make that difficult. Never seen spray or roll on bed liner is it grippy enough? Difficult to apply? Just make a mess? Or should i just tape over the honeycomb?

Thanks in advance!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Herculiner bed liner is pretty textured, especially if you buy the roll on stuff. It has flakes in it that give a lot of grip. If you can remove the plastic caps to paint, or get tape under the edges I would suggest going that route.

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Herculiner bed liner is pretty textured, especially if you buy the roll on stuff. It has flakes in it that give a lot of grip. If you can remove the plastic caps to paint, or get tape under the edges I would suggest going that route.
I didn't think about trying to pry off the plastic i'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

vinnieloo

Reaction score
I took off an end cap. Those honeycomb treads are really stuck on there. Not sure i could get them off without breaking the tabs. Better off looking to buy replacements, spray those and replace.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread