5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Maximum Care Warranty Direct vs. 3rd Party Question

matthewb

Reaction score
I want to buy the Mopar Maximum Care Warranty on my new 1500. I received an offer from Mopar directly that was about 20-25% MORE than what I saw on Chrysler Factory Plans. When I called the Mopar direct number back to ask him about this, he stated that there are a lot of fake companies out there and if it were true, I'd "likely" need to take my vehicle to their dealership in Michigan to have it serviced. What are your experiences with any of the above companies?

I want to buy the Mopar Maximum Care Warranty on my new 1500. I received an offer from Mopar directly that was about 20-25% MORE than what I saw on Chrysler Factory Plans. When I called the Mopar direct number back to ask him about this, he stated that there are a lot of fake companies out there and if it were true, I'd "likely" need to take my vehicle to their dealership in Michigan to have it serviced. What are your experiences with any of the above companies?

I'd call that nonsense. I just bought the plan yesterday from Granger and they sent me the MOPAR executed plan this morning.

I bought I believe from Chrysler warranty direct on my 2019 and had no problem getting service at my local dealer for the last 6 years. There isn't a restriction that for a MOPAR warranty, you have to bring it back to the dealer that sold the warranty. Maybe for a third party, non Mopar warranty that's true.

The Mopar warranty says you SHOULD return it to the dealer that sold the plan..not SHALL or Must...they even tell you if you can't, you can bring it to another dealer. Read right on the .middle of the screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241018_193046_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20241018_193046_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 7
I'd call that nonsense. I just bought the plan yesterday from Granger and they sent me the MOPAR executed plan this morning.

I bought I believe from Chrysler warranty direct on my 2019 and had no problem getting service at my local dealer for the last 6 years. There isn't a restriction that for a MOPAR warranty, you have to bring it back to the dealer that sold the warranty. Maybe for a third party, non Mopar warranty that's true.

The Mopar warranty says you SHOULD return it to the dealer that sold the plan..not SHALL or Must...they even tell you if you can't, you can bring it to another dealer. Read right on the .middle of the screenshot
I’m considering the same. Which length of time did you go with?

Or Ziegler, about the same prices and same genuine factory extended warranty.

I’m sure there are scammer sites out there.
But.. the ones mentioned here are not fakes.

All they are is dealerships selling the plans with a very, very small markup over cost to sell in volume.
They are Factory Mopar plans and are honored by any dealer.

Not honoring a factory Mopar warranty is like saying you can’t take your car/truck for service to a dealer that you didn’t buy it from…. That’s not how it works.
Yes… we can discuss which dealerships are clueless, poor service, etc., but that’s another discussion.

I’ll add this.
Back when I got my 2015 Limited, at my dealer, I told them I could get the factory max care (at that time, unlimited time/miles but original owner only) for $2400 online. They said… yeah, they’re not supposed to do that and it’s supposed to be taken down. They actually matched that price for me at the dealer…that time.

Fast forward 2023…. Told my dealer what I could buy the Max Car online for….they didn’t even come close.. so I bought it online.
Salesman. Don’t want to lose a sale…

Last edited:
I’m sure there are scammer sites out there.
But.. the ones mentioned here are not fakes.

All they are is dealerships selling the plans with a very, very small markup over cost to sell in volume.
They are Factory Mopar plans and are honored by any dealer.

Not honoring a factory Mopar warranty is like saying you can’t take your car/truck for service to a dealer that you didn’t buy it from…. That’s not how it works.
Yes… we can discuss which dealerships are clueless, poor service, etc., but that’s another discussion.

I’ll add this.
Back when I got my 2015 Limited, at my dealer, I told them I could get the factory max care (at that time, unlimited time/miles but original owner only) for $2400 online. They said… yeah, they’re not supposed to do that and it’s supposed to be taken down. They actually matched that price for me at the dealer…that time.

Fast forward 2023…. Told my dealer what I could buy the Max Car online for….they didn’t even come close.. so I bought it online.
Salesman. Don’t want to lose a sale…
Same here on the new truck. I brought in Grangers price with me. When he offered, I told him I already had it taken care of but we looked at my dealers price anyway...his cost was $300 more than Granger was offering it to me for. So it was an easy decision

Same story here… I took the Zeigler price into my dealer when I bought my ‘19 Ltd and they matched it.

Avoid 3rd party warrantees like the garbage they are! They love to sell you ‘refundable’ coverage: if you don’t use it, we’ll refund you! What they don’t mention is that they’ll likely be out of business or acquired and shutdown by another carrier long before you’ll get your money’s worth or refunded. No warranty is worth more than the company behind it - remember Sear’s Craftsman & Kenmore? Great warrantees but those names are just licensed and slapped on crap now.

Can’t go wrong with Granger or Zeigler. I just got one for my 2022 in August and Zeigler was about $25 cheaper. I had the official contract matched to my vin in my inbox less than an hour after purchase. It showed up on my profile on Ram’s site by the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back