5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar instructions and torque for install

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. So yep being an idiot the 3/8 is inch lb not ft lb. How do I look up fastener torque specs. Attaching two pics of the screws and the instructions. If it doesn’t show well the one screw says 9.8. The other two looks like it says SFT 10.
They both say 124 ft lbs on the picture you provided.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. So yep being an idiot the 3/8 is inch lb not ft lb. How do I look up fastener torque specs. Attaching two pics of the screws and the instructions. If it doesn’t show well the one screw says 9.8. The other two looks like it says SFT 10.
Multiply the number on the head of the bolt by 100 and that will provide you with the tensile strength. Both of those bolts are more than capable of doing the job required by them in your application. Crank them down and move on. lol.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

DeanM2

Reaction score
The maximum torque a bolt can take is a function of its size (diameter) and its rating. With this information, you can do a quick search on "bolt torque values" (or similiar) and find the maximum torque for a given size and grade of bolt. If you give me the bolt diameter, I'll look it up for you.
The proper grading of metric bolts is: 8.8 or 9.8 or 10.9 or 12.9. The higher the number, the stronger the bolt. There is no such thing as a grade 10 metric bolt, which makes me think these must be some incredibly cheap Chinese bolts. I would say that the 2 bolts in the picture are very low quality bolts and should be replaced with properly graded bolts.

My20231500

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. When I get time I’m gonna run over to oreilly to see if they can help w figuring out the grade and get back to you. Bummer that the gray ones might be bad as they are what came from the factory. Learning a lot from you guys and appreciate the help. Otherwise I love my new truck.

Users who are viewing this thread