5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Bed lights add on from Infotainment -fyi

Ranger555

Reaction score
An FYI for anyone who might be interested in adding the factory bed lights. A company called infotainment offers the Mopar bed lights kit with a module to add the feature to the truck software. A link is here https://www.infotainment.com/collec...o-bed-led-lighting-kit?variant=31946726899748

They essentially sell the exact Mopar part plus a module so you don’t have to have the dealer add the feature. The lights won’t work if not added. But here is the issue: if you subsequently have a dealer add any other accessory that requires them to update software (in my case, factory power sets), it resets the software so you lose the feature. In my case, i already thrown away cheap the flimsy plastic module thinking I would never need it again. But now here I am with the lights inoperable, and the dealer would like to charge me to add it back. Infotainment will not help - offering only to sell another module for another $129. There is no warning on their instructions that this would happen. If I would have known, it would have been cheaper to have dealer do the whole thing. Infotainment is not interested in helping out.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Ranger555

Reaction score
An FYI for anyone who might be interested in adding the factory bed lights. A company called infotainment offers the Mopar bed lights kit with a module to add the feature to the truck software. A link is here https://www.infotainment.com/collec...o-bed-led-lighting-kit?variant=31946726899748

They essentially sell the exact Mopar part plus a module so you don’t have to have the dealer add the feature. The lights won’t work if not added. But here is the issue: if you subsequently have a dealer add any other accessory that requires them to update software (in my case, factory power sets), it resets the software so you lose the feature. In my case, i already thrown away cheap the flimsy plastic module thinking I would never need it again. But now here I am with the lights inoperable, and the dealer would like to charge me to add it back. Infotainment will not help - offering only to sell another module for another $129. There is no warning on their instructions that this would happen. If I would have known, it would have been cheaper to have dealer do the whole thing. Infotainment is not interested in helping out.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Typo: the dealer added factory power steps, not “sets”

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess you could get alpha odb a d activate it yourself. It's a cost but perhaps you will use it down the road.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread