5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed divider review

DeanKing

Reaction score
It is an interesting piece of kit. Clearly not made by fca and doesn’t say Mopar anywhere on it. What they did was adapt a product by creating special rails that attach to the factory rails. It seems well made and is pretty easy to move and take off. There are a few issues. The divider mounting rails are obnoxiously large. The mounting system does provide access to your factory tie downs in your factory rails but greatly limits where you can position them. It also makes it much harder to actually get to them. My biggest issue is that the whole thing is mounted securely but rattles like a sonofabitch on every small bump. It’s a truck so who cares about rattles? Except this isn’t. It is a quiet smooth large luxury vehicle with a bed. Metal clanking all over the place isn’t befitting a proper Mopar accessory. I could probably duct tape shim all the points of contact but I feel that could inhibit the ability to easily reposition it. You only hear it with the windows open so it isn’t deafening. Since I could not return it because my dealership considered it a special order I decided to make it work rather than sell it. I used the included bungies to strap the sides to the bed tie downs. That took care of small bumps. Then with a thick solid bed cover I can no longer hear the clanking. It is a pretty nifty functional accessory that seems like it will last. I will post pictures of the mounting issues.

Agitated

Reaction score
It’s junk and I promptly removed mine and installed a bed extender instead.

jkratze1

Reaction score
I returned my Roll N Lock divider quickly after I realized the bulky divider rails interfere with the clamps for my Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover. I did not expect that. I also did not like the way it limited the BUG rail tie down locations. Not worth $300 for sure. I am using an old school 2x6 now as a divider and it works great.

Last edited:

ablock

Reaction score
So is there a bed extender that is compatible with RamBox? I have seen reference to the RamBox package including an extender, but also have not seen a photo of that feature (if it exists) in action.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So is there a bed extender that is compatible with RamBox? I have seen reference to the RamBox package including an extender, but also have not seen a photo of that feature (if it exists) in action.
Yeah...the one that comes with RamBox and BUG. Ram has just quietly removed references in the owner’s manual to the extender functionality and replaced the attachment pegs at the back of the bed with plastic plugs...but (as discussed at length on other threads) we’ve gotten our dealers to supply those pegs post-delivery. I used mine as an extender just yesterday to bring home a Christmas tree.

Users who are viewing this thread